anyone know diff between sierra and full sail ipa?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigidyjim

Reaction score
I'm thinking for my 4th brew I'm going to try an IPA. I don't have a lot of tasting experience with IPA, mainly because I've never liked Sierra Nevada much, so I've stayed away from pale ales (though I guess Sierra is an American Pale Ale, I'm not sure?).

Anyway, the one IPA I know that I do really like is full sail. So when I'm looking for an ingredient kit I'd like to try to find one that leans more towards that, and less towards Sierra... though I really have no idea what the difference is so I'm not sure what to look for!

Any help?

These are two similar but different styles of beer. An APA and IPA are about the same from the malt standpoint, but your IPAs are going to have a much stronger hop presence. Because of this, most IPAs are a little "bigger" (higher in alcohol) too. I think if you purchase a kit that is an IPA style you'll have something more like the full sail you reference. If the kit specifies a "west coast style" IPA you'll be even closer. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back