OMG! My 3068 is dead, Jim...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Brewed a nice 8 gallon batch of Dunkelweiss Saturday. Dumped in a jar of washed 3068. I have been using this 3068 and just re-washing it since November.

No dice. Nothing. Nada. Usually, it fires up in an hour. I gave it 24, still nothing.

So, I pulled out a jar of (much newer) washed 3638.

BAM! It went to WORK.

Should I try to make a starter with the other jar of 3068, or just dump it and buy a fresh pack?

Yeah... alot of my batches of yeast slurry take 48 to 72 hours to visibly kick in. They have all been great.

My WL380 washed that was a year old stalled in an 11 gallon batch (I really should have done a starter, I know). I pitched somemore in a sample and got it awake, added that and it went to town. But that was a stall out after 10 days (it was at 1.030).

Patience Jim, she is a life form, not a warp drive!

I had a...feeling about that jar of yeast. It didn't look right. There were no layers.

Probably should not have used it at all.

I have never had to make a starter with washed 3068 or 3638. It usually just wakes up and runs.

Well, this will be be a hybrid 3068/3638 batch of Dunkelweiss.

Sometimes the vulcan yeast doesn't want to vulcan ferment the vulcan beer. So you end up adding another vulcan packet just to get it vulcan going. Big vulcan deal, your vulcan Dunkelweisse will be fine.

Sometimes the vulcan yeast doesn't want to vulcan ferment the vulcan beer. So you end up adding another vulcan packet just to get it vulcan going. Big vulcan deal, your vulcan Dunkelweisse will be fine.

Above and beyond the called for trekkie references lol

Fascinating.

The growth of eukaryotic micro-organisms, and the accompanying system of polydisperse gas bubbles, has been remarkable.

spock2.gif

Latest posts

Back