First All Grain, but forgot to do something!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csmcgn

Reaction score
So late last night I was brewing my first all gain beer. I used this recipe: http://www.mashspargeboil.com/belgian-cookie-ale-recipe/

I did everything correct up till I was supposed to add the spices for the last 5 min of the boil. So when I woke up this morning I was thinking "Man this beer is gunna be awesome!", when I realized that I didn't add the spices. So I then got all the spices that I was supposed to put in and added it to the fermentation bucket and stirred them in as best as I could. So will that mess anything up? Will the beer be less favored? Thanks!

Good question. Next time before you ad anything, boil it up or soak it in vodka. Your chances if an infection are really slim, but its still worth the precaution.

The spices will have a 'cooked' flavor in the cookies and adding them to the boil would have aligned those flavors more closely. Not cooking them will give you a slight difference in spice character but I wouldn't say you messed anything up flavor wise.

So everything seems to be good with this batch. Phew! I will most likely add some more spice to the priming sugar when I make it for the bottling part. Thanks for the help guys!

Latest posts

Back