I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CreamyGoodness said:
Is it ok if I mention how much I am enjoying my homemade cabbage potato soup?

Perfectly ok. Now go forth and be inspired to mead it.

Can I mead this?

Is it ok if I mention how much I am enjoying my homemade cabbage potato soup?
Do you boil the cabbage in the soup? Every time I've tried that it has ended up over cooked and nasty, so I usually stir fry or steam it separately. Then add it once the rest of the soup is cooked.

mcbaumannerb said:
Isn't it just a case of mead over matter?
And the pun award of the night goes to.. ;)
Leadgolem said:
Do you boil the cabbage in the soup? Every time I've tried that it has ended up over cooked and nasty, so I usually stir fry or steam it separately. Then add it once the rest of the soup is cooked.
I like the mushy soup cabbage, but I'm from Austrian stock so it may be in my genes.

I'll check in tonight from time to time. Who else is going to be around? I'm on the desk and would like up get some reading done hopefully.

I'll probably be here if you just want to BS about stupid crap. Otherwise, maybe more of these "intellectuals" will be around tonight... I think those guys that were arguing with sharps are idiots, but for some reason, he took it personal. What do you think, AG? More relaxation music?

Ah, finally got this weeks homework done and submitted. Relaxing with a Stone Ruination IPA. Definitely worth the drive across the river into Iowa to pick up a couple sixers. The goal was to look for Bells Hopslam, but it wasn't in yet.

BobbiLynn said:
I'll probably be here if you just want to BS about stupid crap. Otherwise, maybe more of these "intellectuals" will be around tonight... I think those guys that were arguing with sharps are idiots, but for some reason, he took it personal. What do you think, AG? More relaxation music?

He'll be back. The sweet allure of the brew forum is more than any man can deny for long. Debate isn't for everyone. It's a given that you are going to have the troll factor. I'm a Christian personally, and speak up for what I believe so I've gotten to endure some pretty blatant trolling about purple Santa Clauses in the sky etc. You just can't let it get to you.

He'll be back. The sweet allure of the brew forum is more than any man can deny for long. Debate isn't for everyone. It's a given that you are going to have the troll factor. I'm a Christian personally, and speak up for what I believe so I've gotten to endure some pretty blatant trolling about purple Santa Clauses in the sky etc. You just can't let it get to you.

yeah, same here, my beliefs are not other people's beliefs and I respect that. Can't we all just get along? :fro:

Lapd-Pinata-by-Banksy.jpeg

406777_10151105695565800_642478187_a.jpg

I just chased 6mg of melatonin with 12 oz of 11.1% homebrew. This is probably my last post for the night.

Does anybody thing that if you've added more then 100 words to your browsers spell check dictionary that qualifies as a new language?

Does anybody thing that if you've added more then 100 words to your browsers spell check dictionary that qualifies as a new language?

Um, no, that doesn't count... My dog knows at least 100 words. Has he taught me a new language? No! He knows the words... ball, squirrel, tree, squeaky toy, vittle, chicken, turkey, deer, cow friends, go, stay, sit, shake, fetch, watch out, be careful, get 'em, I could go on and on...

So, if you put a ball, a dead squirrel, and a squeaky toy 100 yards away and say "fetch squeaky toy", it will bring back......

He will bring back the squeaky toy, an orange plush thing. One of his toys and he knows the name of it...

And if I said ball, he would bring me the ball, if I said squirrel, he'd bring me the squirrel... a good dog.

Leadgolem said:
I just chased 6mg of melatonin with 12 oz of 11.1% homebrew. This is probably my last post for the night.

I just chased my melatonin with beer, and Ambien. Buenos

I had a dog like that. I left him at my ex wife's with the kids for a week while I was out of town and someone broke in to the workbench in the backyard and he ate a box of snail bait. Really miss that dog. The only one I'd ever spent money at the vet on. He was a certified master hunter.

image-942436459.jpg

This is after his flying leap from the pickup. His predecessor. She was stolen from the kennel on the ranch I was living at in 2008.

image-2271731428.jpg

Airborneguy said:
Melatonin is what keeps me on midnights.

You know if you take melatonin when it's light in the room it has the opposite effect? When I learned this it cut down the falling asleep time drastically.

I usually take it right before entering my 'cave'. My room is as dark as I can possibly get it. A tiny bit of light creeps under the curtains that seperate the closet from the bedroom. There's a window in my closet.

do you honestly want to turn on the lights every time you go to enter your garage to get into your car or can sunlight be used to do that for you

Makes sense from a green perspective, but most of the folks I know that have windows in the garage usually have the window coverings pulled so that folks can't case the joint.

The closet used to be part of the entry way by the front door. When we turned the garage into our master bedroom, we opened a doorway from the garage and built our closet in entryway room which was a pretty decent sized room that we never really used anyway. That's how the window ended up in there. We made a decent sized closet out of it. My computer desk is in there by the window and I just ordered a nice sized gun safe too.

Latest posts

Back