Swap-O-Rama #4, Bomb's Away!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All packaged. 40 pounds of goodness ready to ship. This is going to be ridiculously expensive isn't it?

40 lbs? That is going to be a bomb!!! I'm excited to see a picture of what you are sending.

And depending on how far you are sending it'll probably be around $35 or so.

That's not bad at all! I'm not going to spoil the surprise in the package, but there is some really decent stuff in the box that is native to the area only. Shame I couldn't package a proper cheese steak to go into it.

That's not bad at all! I'm not going to spoil the surprise in the package, but there is some really decent stuff in the box that is native to the area only. Shame I couldn't package a proper cheese steak to go into it.

Where do you consider the best cheesesteak? My sister lives in Ambler. My favorite place she has taken us is Delessandro's, super tasty. Typically we don't get into the city though and there is a good place near her house. I wasn't impressed with the big famous places across the street from each other, don't remember the name.

Where do you consider the best cheesesteak? My sister lives in Ambler. My favorite place she has taken us is Delessandro's, super tasty. Typically we don't get into the city though and there is a good place near her house. I wasn't impressed with the big famous places across the street from each other, don't remember the name.

Yea stay away from those places. IMO its Steve's Prince of Steaks

image-1532861374.jpg

Just picked up a few trinkets to drop in the box.

Almost ready to pack and ship!

Got my bombers ready, bought a sweet styrofoam wine bottle shipper. There's 12 spots so I guess I'll have to get some extra goodies! I'll get some sweet schwag from a local brewery and off it goes on Monday (I hope).

two_hearted said:
Got my bombers ready, bought a sweet styrofoam wine bottle shipper. There's 12 spots so I guess I'll have to get some extra goodies! I'll get some sweet schwag from a local brewery and off it goes on Monday (I hope).

Is it the U-haul wine bottle shipper? Have you used that before?

I think I may be more excited to go shopping this weekend than I am to get a package... until I ship mine, then I'll be anxiously staring out the window at anything that sounds like a ups or fedex truck!

Stopped at the liquor store after work today and picked up some great beers! Might be tough to lay my hands off before I ship these out!

Speaking of shipping... Anyone have some tips for how to ship 120 plus oz of beer? I've never shipped beer before and I don't want to screw up the nice package someone is about to recieve!

Stopped at the liquor store after work today and picked up some great beers! Might be tough to lay my hands off before I ship these out!

Speaking of shipping... Anyone have some tips for how to ship 120 plus oz of beer? I've never shipped beer before and I don't want to screw up the nice package someone is about to recieve!

Breakage is more likely to occur from things inside the box hitting each other than something outside hitting the box so make sure everything is extremely snug inside the box.

The best tip ever if you think it's good enough add more packing material you can never have to much. Oh and put each bottle in a Ziploc bag.

The above tips are great. Makes sure its all snug, I would wrap each bottle in bubblewrap. Put a bit of packing material between the bottles and the wall of the box too.

And one tip that I think is understated...put all of it in a garbage bag. This way if something does break, its less likely to leak and get returned.

A small investment in packing material will save you big bucks in the end.

This. Great tips from everyone, but if you do have some leakage, you do not want UPS/FedEx to see it.

Ive been using those thick 55 gallon garbage bags to line the whole box. When done packing I tie a not.

Then again....pack well, make sure there is no glass on glass action and nothing shifts after you fill it. Aka, pack it, shake it. If it shifts, add more packaging material. Rinse, repeat. If this is done, the garbage bag wont need to be relied upon.

The mostly foolproof option is buying one of those Styrofoam bottle shippers.

I get sheets of thermal vinyl bubblewrap at work, Thick coating on both sides of the bubbles it self.
That with packaging peanuts really help for a shiftless package.

I have been meaning to try out one of those wine shippers though!
Should have my package out tuesday!

Brewery chotchkies and 104 oz of brew ready. One more stop today, and she goes out Monday with some KILLER extras. Hope my guy likes double ipas in cans (hint hint)

Spent over $200 on beer today (not all for you, victim, sorry.) Hope my guy likes sours...

image-3391586537.jpg

Just sippin on a Double Jack.

Oh look: it's in a bomber. Hope seekabrew's right and FSW doesn't distribute to my recipient's state!

Spent the night packing up this beast. Double boxed it, so its not quite as large a stash as it might seem when it shows up on someone's doorstep. Should go out on Monday although I don't think FedEx picks up at our building until later in the day, so may not have tracking number until Tuesday morning.

image-3932474112.jpg

image-1484622015.jpg

This monster is all packed up with New England goods (the geographical area and the brewery). Shipping out tomorrow right after work!

Back