Drinking the last bottle of my first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaycount

Reaction score
My cream ale, that I brewed in late December. I saved a bottle to age and try. This beer fermented very warm (75~ degrees ambient) in the first 24 hours and of course had some rather interesting esters and phenols as a result.

I considered it a total loss at the time. But I'm not one to waste, so I drank it all up.

Now here I am, about 4 months after finishing off the last (non-aged) bottle, drinking it. The off-flavors may have barely dissipated but I've come to appreciate some of the flavors here. Bubblegum, green apple, dry alcohol. It's almost like a rebel cream ale that met and impregnated a naughty saison.

Although it's the least favorite of my beers, it was my first, and the first one for me to drink away an entire 5 gallons of.

So, in memory, let's hear about your first beers. The good, the bad, and the ugly. :mug:

Back