More Keggerator questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherpa FE

The < 1% Club
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I have installed the beer shanks, and faucets. I hae attached 7 foot of hose to each line for liquid.
Now I need to make my connections for the gas line.
How long should the gas lines be? I mean there is not set length right? Just whatever connects the gas line to the 4 way valve??

Also what temp should the fridge be for average beer?

I am getting excited, the fridge looks good, and I have many pics to share when it is completed.
Cant wait to keg my first beer, which is also my first AG beer.
Man, after all the money I have spent, it had better be good or else the SWMBO will kill me..LOL

Josh

Use enough gas line that you can move the cornies in and out of the fridge. No set length is necessary.

I added like 3 feet to one of my gas lines just to use it to charge up miscellaneous kegs that might be a few feet from the fridge.

OK,
Heres another question.
I have a double guage regulator, so I can carbonate at 2 different pressures, pictured here. http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=4884.

I also have a 4 valve distributor body.

My question is this. Since the regulator has 2 out valves, and the 4-way distributor only has one inlet...am I missing something? Am I supposed to have another piece of plumbing somewhere? Or did I get the wrong stuff, and now it wont work?
Thanks
Josh

Sherpa FE said:
OK,
Heres another question.
I have a double guage regulator, so I can carbonate at 2 different pressures, pictured here. http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=4884.

I also have a 4 valve distributor body.

My question is this. Since the regulator has 2 out valves, and the 4-way distributor only has one inlet...am I missing something? Am I supposed to have another piece of plumbing somewhere? Or did I get the wrong stuff, and now it wont work?
Thanks
Josh

Depends on what you want to do with it...

If you want to have 4 kegs at one pressure and 1 at another pressure (ie..forcarbing one ..while dispensing the other 4) then it would work...

If you want 2 at one pressure and 2 at anohter pressure...then you need another manifold.

If you want more than 2 different pressures...then you need more regulators.

-JMW

Is it acceptable to force carb a keg outside a fridge, say, inside a 70 degree shop?
What would be the pro's and cons of doing this? I really like the idea of being able to force carb a keg, and then be able to have 4 kegs on tap at the same time using the same co2 bottle. I am just trying to figure out the easiest way to do it.

Right now my set-up is like this:
4 kegs in the fridge
4 -way valve body inside the fridge
20 lb CO2 bottle outside the fridge
and the regulator is obviously outside the fridge.

Or is the best way, to just stick all the kegs in the fridge, and whatever I want to foce carb, leave it 12 PSI for a week or so?

Or is there another way that I can go about it?

I know I am asking some noob q's, but I just cant seem to find the answers that I am looking for, or understand.
Thanks
Josh

I would put the four in the fridge at the same psi on one of the regulators and 4-way manifold. I would put the other psi at about 30psi and attach it to what you want force carbed. It will take longer at room temp at this psi, but it will carb it up while you are working on the other four. You can also use this external gas line to purge kegs and such. I have a second tank just for this type of thing.

Sherpa FE said:
I really like the idea of being able to force carb a keg, and then be able to have 4 kegs on tap at the same time using the same co2 bottle.

This is easy to do as long as you have a balanced system. I have 7' of line on my kegs, and at 42 degrees or so, I can carb and dispense at 12 psi without much foaming.

Back