Twist off bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some people say yes, some say no.... Personally I've never tried. It will depend somewhat on the quality of your capper. There have been a few threads on the subject, try a search for reusing twistoffs, I'd search for ya, but I'm feelin' pretty lazy this afternoon.:mug:

I remember a thread about this too, I think someone said it was safe to use if you had a bench capper but a wing capper would most likely break the bottlenecks.

I've always been told no. I tried it a couple of times with empty twist bottles and a fair portion of the time, the caps wouldn't seat and could be popped off with my thumb.

After that experiment, I never tried it with full bottles.

No problems here. Been using them for years, good seals and no breaks.

Disclaimers! : I use a bench capper. Also, I think that the necks on the bottles that I use are thicker than that of the American twist off bottles.

dibby33 said:
No problems here. Been using them for years, good seals and no breaks.

Disclaimers! : I use a bench capper. Also, I think that the necks on the bottles that I use are thicker than that of the American twist off bottles.
I wonder if I heard it from a Canadian, I know our bottles are heavier glass too.

Back