Using frozen juice concentrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkKF

Reaction score
Gonna try some ideas starting with frozen juice concentrate. Just wondering if Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C is OK? No other preservatives added. Thanks.

Yup, I made a batch of Cranberry/Apple using 9 cans for 3 gallons (old orchard brand). Bottle Carbed and VERY tasty. If I had it to do over again I'd probably add a couple more cans. Alcohol % is right about 5% with no additional sugar. I think I'll probably shoot for 3.5 ish cans/gallon in the future.

I used it both in the cider itself, as well as using it as the priming sugar (1 can per 5 gallon batch). Has taken 2.5 months (10.4% abv), but it's carbed up rather nicely now.

mm mm mm! Yup :D

I found that, if you're getting close to dry, the vit. C really adds a sour note to it (twas tasty to me, but it may be too much if you're going all the way to dry! I wouldn't know, i've never gone that far with it)

Back