Ab workout while drinking!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandaren

Reaction score
Just got myself one of those ab belts that you put on on and it shocks your muscles into contracting. It's pretty damn sweet and you can get it like half price on ebay. Anyway, was rockin a workout and noticed I was thirsty so decided to crack open one of my brews. Took my like 10 minutes to realize I was drinking beer and doing an ab workout at the same time. Thats just freakin awesome!:D

Let us know how that thing works... I was thinking of getting one of those to help strengthen my abs a little to help prevent back injuries/pain...

Everything I've read though says if you're expecting those things to give you a six pack without working out... forgettaboutit...

But I have heard promising things from back sufferers about them (not really their advertised purpose though)..

But hey, it's got to burn off 'some' of those carb calories from the beer... even if only a little bit...

Drinking and electrocution go good together? Why can I not wire my house when drunk then? That's a thinker.

Everything I've read though says if you're expecting those things to give you a six pack without working out... forgettaboutit...

Correct, the idea of spot reducing fat is a myth kept alive by every company that sells some equipment with the idea that using it will give you six pack abs. Im sure everyone knows of someone who is fat and spend the majority of the time talking. If spot reduction was real why does this person have a fat face despite working their jaw muscles constantly?

Correct, the idea of spot reducing fat is a myth kept alive by every company that sells some equipment with the idea that using it will give you six pack abs. Im sure everyone knows of someone who is fat and spend the majority of the time talking. If spot reduction was real why does this person have a fat face despite working their jaw muscles constantly?

lol ya it's not really supposed to burn any fat. In fact I don't think they ever advertise that. The ab belt will only strengthen and tone your ab muscles, but it won't help you lose weight...gotta do cardio for that!:rockin:

Back