hop matter in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Csuho

Reaction score
i made a two hearted clone about a month ago maybe longer. its been in the keg for atleast 3 weeks. i dry hopped it in the 2ndary with 1oz centennial and 1oz cascade both pellets. left it on them for 10days then transfered to keg and hit it with 25psi for 2 days then lowered to 12 for another week. it carbed up fine but its cloudy as all get out and there is hop matter floated in every pint i have pulled so far which is 4. just wondering if this will go away or not? also the cloudiness maybe protein haze? i need to take a pic of 1 and post.

It may clear up but when I've had that happen I've ended up with hops in every pint. I just told people it showed them that it was really fresh and made with actual ingredients rather than chemistry. Nobody minded.

Next time, crash cool (if you can) and use a 1 gallon paint strainer rubberbanded to the end of the auto siphon to filter the beer from the hops.

i dont think it will settle out. i am pretty sure its been in the keg for 3 weeks in the kreezer. i thought about the paint strainer or a sanitized panty hoe for the hops next dry hop.

Back