Greetings from Iowa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iowabrewer

Reaction score
Hello, my real name is Bill and I started brewing in 1988 after trying my brother-in-laws homebrew and knowing it could be done better, much better (sorry Fred). I brew mostly all-grain now but have done it all. I also enjoy making meads, cider, perry, sodas and anything fermentable. My (current) favorite style is anything hoppy.

My wife and I ran a homebrew shop for a number of years in the 90's until having kids. I am also active in the BJCP and have trained a number of judges and have organized many beer competitions. So you could say, I like beer...

I hope to find some new and unusual brewers here and bleeding edge brewing techniques to try. I can also be found on Twitter @iowabrewer.

Cheers!

Bill
(iowabrewer)

Hi everyone. I'm from Cedar Falls and am sort of a newbie too. Been brewing for about 8 months and about 4 or 5 months ago, my cousin introduced me to HBT. Nice to meet everyone, seems like there is a lot fo good info on here. I started out really into beer but my wife loves wine so I've sort of shifted gears the last three months and been brewing lots of wine. Any good recipes would be welcomed! Again, nice to meet everyone.

Jason

Latest posts

Back