Starting Soon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpb1958

Reaction score
Hello Peeps
My name is John and I am married with 3 great kids and 1 grandson. I started homebrewing many years ago (around 1980). It seemed to be the craze at the time. I have only ever made extract kits. I have made Bitter, IPA, Lager, White and Red wines, and some spirits.

I stopped about 10 years ago because I was finding that the space I had for my barrels was getting smaller and smaller (raising a family dont ya know! :rolleyes: )
I intend to get myself a shed in the coming months so I want to start again along with my other hobby, model ship building. No room for my barrels, wife complaining about the saw dust from my ship model. Shed is the answer :D .

John

John,
Sometimes, you've gotta sit the wife down and just tell her how things.... Uh......A shed sounds like a good idea. Mine has a shipping pallet floor, a woodstove, and a bar. Also got a big glass door mounted in the wall with shelves in front of it to display my antique bottles. They say that a man's home is his castle. That's bull. The shed is actually the center of the Kingdom. I love my family dearly, but sometimes need to withdraw to my inner sanctum, my holy of holies. That's my shed. Got my tools there. Got a horse collar in there. Coconut head guy lives there. I carved him from a coconut I found in a parking lot on a job down in FLA. The shed lets a man be a kid again. Takes you back to the days of your old room where everything in it was yours and just like you wanted it. Sounds crazy, I know.
Cool to know you build ship models. I assume they're sailing ships. That leads me to wonder if you're a fellow fan of the Aubrey- Maturin series.
Fine stories. There just need to be more of them.

Welcome,

Sudsmonkey :D

I feel sorry for you guys.

I have a complete kitchen and storage area for my supplies (including 2 stainless steel medical cabinets and spare fridge) in my basement, not to mention a music room, a theater room (w/large screen HDTV - which reminds me to hook up the surround sound again), fireplace, etc.

Come on over sometime! We'll brew and view!

I always have about 150 lbs of assorted malt (DME), several pounds of various hops and at least 6 different strains of yeast on hand. I'm ready to brew whenever the brewing urge hits me.

Everyone/anyone is invited to stop in whenever you're in the neighborhood, even if you are just passing through on your way to somewhere else.

Just let me know the date/time. I travel a lot so you probably want to make sure I'll be there. :D But then again I retire in 4 years so...

As soon as I get done with the home improvement gig (we just moved in last year) I'll start working on the single car garage at the back of my 2 acres and convert that into a Biergarten complete with a cement patio, upgrade the lights already out there, and sounds. I hope to do something this year even if its just the cementing.

Sorry no pool! (Unless you want to use the great-grandkiddies pool).

Later! :D

Bill,
Sounds like a fine setup. Don't worry about the pool. I've got a big ol' washtub I'll bring with me if I'm ever in the area . We could all take turns!

Heard this from a co-worker today :
" It's only kinky the first time." just struck me funny.

S.Monkey :D

Back