Teel pump connection not working out. ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lnlogauge

Reaction score
I haven't posted very much, I prefer to do more reading and dreaming of projects in the DIY section.

Here's my setup.

0Fy76.jpg

Its pretty simple, but does the job. I have very little money invested into it, which is the best part. It was a combination of trading equipment for a welded stand I was able to get for a friend via a work connection, then a ridiculous craigslist deal that provided a few parts, and sold off the rest.

In the craigslist deal, I acquired a teel pump. The pump works great, but the connection that the pump offers is not great.

6nblf.jpg

Ive brewed a couple of times and hose clamped on a 3/4 hose, to a mcmaster fitting like the rest of the system, but it doesnt work that great. heat makes the hose sag, and it looks like ass. As many people that are on here, surely someone has come up with an ingenious solution.

Ideally i'd like to put my 6 spare copper valves to work with a manifold and make it where I dont have to disconnect anything while brewing, but I'm not convinced the copper manifold would clean like I want it to. Money is holding me back from going stainless, as the wife and I are putting all spare money to getting out of debt.

Back