AHS American Light Lager ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nlegler

Reaction score
Just got done brewing up the extract kit from AHS. Wanted a basic beer that I could share with some guys that I thought they wouldn't mind trying coming from someone that homebrewed it. Well hit my OG at 1.034-1.035 and gave her a taste test. Here is the question. It tasted like crushed up Mt. Hops in water that's it nothing else, did just as the recipe called added 2/3 at 60min and 1/3 at 5 min. Anyone else brew this and had the same thing and then down the road turned out good?

Howdy there!

What hops were used? I have no real experience with that kit, but an American Light Lager isn't really going to taste like terribly much, as it is Light as well as a Lager, so meant to be enjoyed really cold.

How long has this been aging? It may just be young.

Did you actually "lager" the beer? It looks like all of the available yeast options are lager strains, so did you ferment at around 50-55F, followed by a lagering at about 36F for 5-6 weeks? Or did you ferment at room temp? What did the instructions say to do?

I also agree with the other guy. Light lager IS basically slightly hopped water!

Latest posts

Back