Anybody try Liquor Quik SuperYeast???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nukesquad

Reaction score
I thinking about trying this out for a higher gravity apfelwein, but I was hoping to get some feedback from those who have experience using it. I've been experimenting with different yeasts for different ciders/apfelweins, which have all ranged from 10-15%. I've looked into CvilleKevin's post about using different yeast, and I've personally tried WLP720, WLP775, & EC-1118. Any reviews of this yeast?

I haven't personally, but I've heard that it's terrible for beer/cider...it's more for distilling, where the yeast character doesn't matter as much. Try the Super High Gravity from White Labs.

All distiller's yeasts share the ability to ferment simple sugars fast and produce a grunch of fusel alcohols. The only time I've used one was to dry out a barleywine. It had an excessive FG, so I added some sugar and Turbo Yeast, after reducing the temperature to 55F.

It is a little harsh. You can filter the stuff through a brita filter to smooth it out. It is a little more work than it is worth. The super yeast is designed to make alcohol that will be distilled.

Forrest

Back