$ 180 for new keggle? OK deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbeque

Reaction score
My local homebrew shop has new 15.5 gal keggles for $180. They have brass ball valve and 3" fermentap thermometer installed, All welded. smoothed out cut, and in very nice shiny shape. So does that seem like a good deal? I want to do 10 gal batches but I don't really want do do the conversion myself and I'm sure no welder either. I would appreciate your opinions.

Its right in line with what most places will charge for everything all together pre-made. That being said you can almost definitely get it at a significantly cheaper price if you kind of piece it together. Find somebody who can do the welding, buy the parts individually, etc

It would be a good deal with a SS valve for the person not wanting to do it themselves. I would double check the thermometer and make sure it can be recalibrated. Personally I think $150 as it sits. Remember you need three and the boil kettle needs no thermometer. Sight glasses on the hlt and bk would be nice though.

Back