Hook and Ladder...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$2 a pint is an amazing and dangerous price! The bottle in front of me says its from Rochester NY. I'm just happy to have a new fav. commercial beer!

A friend of mine got some, I only tasted a bit... I don't remember it being bad, but I didn't find it all that memorable either.

I just can't get over the name though. "backdraft brown" sounds like something you REALLY wouldn't want to taste :D

I just picked up a bottle of that with a mix-your-own six pack last week. I wasn't very impressed, but that's not to say that it was bad. I just wasn't a big fan. I can see where others would enjoy it more.

We've had Hook & Ladder products here for a few months. I've had the Backdraft brown. It's not bad. New Glarus makes a better one. So do I, for that matter. *breaks arm patting self on back*

But it's not bad. :mug:

must be an east coast thing.

It's as bi-coastal as a microbrew comes. Hook and Ladder was founded in San Francisco and started the Backdraft Brown out there. They've since moved to Silver Spring, MD (basically a suburb of Washington, DC) where it's produced today.

Roots to the west and the east!

It's as bi-coastal as a microbrew comes. Hook and Ladder was founded in San Francisco and started the Backdraft Brown out there. They've since moved to Silver Spring, MD (basically a suburb of Washington, DC) where it's produced today.

+1. One of the brewers is still a volunteer firefighter at a rescue company just outside of DC in Bethesda/Chevy Chase.

Back