Joliet Brewers Guild - Christmas Beer contest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LandoLincoln

Reaction score
The Joliet Brewers Guild will be having our monthly meeting on Wednesday, December 11th at 7pm at the Chicago Street Pub located at 75 N Chicago Street in downtown Joliet. This month, we're having our Christmas Beer / Winter Warmer competition! Come and try some of the awesome Christmas beers we've brewed up! And if you have a Christmas beer / Winter Warmer of your own, bring a few bottles and join the competition*! We'll also have prizes for the winning entries. Prizes like a $25 gift certificate for the Chicago Brew Werks, a four pack of Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout and a really nice Argus Brewery tap handle!

If you have some homebrew other than a Christmas beer, feel free to bring down some bottles or a growler of it and we promise to drink your beer for you. That's just the kind of guys we are.

Even if you don't have any homebrew but would like to hang out with some fellow beer geeks, come on down and we'll beer geek it up and nobody will look at you funny. Unless you wear that hat with the built-in elf ears. That's pretty weird.

It's a great time! Hope to see you there!

*the competition is only available to members, but you can join on the spot and really, joining a homebrew club is pretty awesome. You owe it to yourself.

Hi -- I'm Karen Sorensen, editor of Joliet Patch (Joliet.Patch.com), an online news site that covers Joliet.

This contest sounds like fun. I'd be glad to post a small story, if your event is open to the public (and not have to pay the $25 membership fee, unless they wanted to enter a beer or join your group). If you'd rather I not, that's OK, too. Just sounded like something folks would get a kick out of.

I can be reached at 815-666-4027 or [email protected].

Sure, we don't mind if you come and do a writeup on our guild and the competition. See you there!

Great group of guys and always good beers. Come on out and join us this week! Sidenote: ill be bringing the winning beer!

Back