Thirsty in Northern California

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornelius

Reaction score
Hello hombrewers!

I am a long time reader, first time poster! This site is a great reference tool. I began reading about kegging on HBT then somehow I began building a kegerator and I am not too handy with tools! I learned how to build the keezer by reading threads in the "DIY Projects" and "Bottling/Kegging" categories. I also find a ton of laughs here. People post some funny stuff.

I have been reading HBT for a while and wanted to start a dialogue with the home brewing community. I can't wait to start asking novel questions like "Did I ruin my beer?" or "How many days in the secondary?". Just kidding, here goes, it's my FIRST POST! Let me tell you a story.

In my HBT readings I came upon an awesome first post. I wish my first post was more clever, like this one. Another brewer/author of a funny post had inadvertantly dumped 5 gallons of cooled wort onto an unknown sanitizer solution. While all sorts of feedback was given, an HBT member took the opportunity to make this first post..."I think it'll taste really clean in the end" I had to laugh! LOL indeed, see for yourself-->

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/poured-wort-sanitizer-solution-help-226717/index4.html

These days you will find me reading, and now posting, in the "hops growing" or "all-grain" categories. I am a newbie to this hobby. I definately got bit by the brewing bug! I have brewed about a dozen extract w/ grain recipes. I am ready to venture to all-grain brewing. My local homebrew store (LHBS) is San Francisco Brewcraft and I also shop Northern Brewer online. Oh and I scored a 20# CO2 tank on craigslist the other day. I am inexperienced, so I am experimenting with different recipes and techniques.

Look forward to plenty of dumb questions from me folks.

Thanks for all the great info, home brewers!

Cheers/Evan

Welcome to the forum Evan. Congrats on moving into the AG side of things, i personally find it much more interesting and rewarding than extract, and I hope you will too.

Latest posts

Back