When do I add pectic enzyme?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zickefoose

Reaction score
Boil? Fermenter? When!? I'm half way through my boil already and I noticed the package doesn't say when to add it.

I have used pectic enzyme when I make cider, and I add the required amount into the primary, mix is really well, and then pitch the yeast.

I've forgotten to add my pectic enzyme before adding the yeast as well. I'm making sweet strawberry mead. Any reason the enzyme would 'hurt' the yeast? I've added pectic enzyme before in the past but

I'm using a different yeast this time so I'm unsure. I'm using White Labs Sweet Mead yeast this time. In the past I used packets of Champagne yeast which seemed to burn through just about anything I put in it.

WrittenBlade said:
I've forgotten to add my pectic enzyme before adding the yeast as well. I'm making sweet strawberry mead. Any reason the enzyme would 'hurt' the yeast? I've added pectic enzyme before in the past but

I'm using a different yeast this time so I'm unsure. I'm using White Labs Sweet Mead yeast this time. In the past I used packets of Champagne yeast which seemed to burn through just about anything I put in it.

I've done the same thing, I added two days after the yeast and was fine.

Latest posts

Back