Grilled octopus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatyPortion

Internet Bartender
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The other night I grilled a 2 lb octopus. I'd recommend pairing this with some good ouzo but if you must have beer then I dunno, a lager?

Anyway, ingredients as follows:

2 lb octopus

1 cup red wine vinegar

1/4 olive oil

3 cloves garlic

1 tsp oregano

salt

pepper

Marinate for 2-3 days in the fridge

Throw octopus on grill (indirect high heat) to stiffen it up

cut the octopus apart, distribute on grill over direct high heat until outer layer is charred

cut each piece diagonally, serve

I also served up some dakos, saganaki cheese, and Greek salad with feta. I can post the recipes if anyone wants. They're pretty simple.

IMG_5263.jpg

IMG_5265.jpg

IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5267.jpg

Very nice. It's been a while since I bought an octopus (pulpo) for the grill. Used to eat it a lot in N. Spain, though they grilled it with red wine, olive oil, lemon, and a bit of spanish paprika. Served with bread and lots of wine... oh, so good!

I take it the one you got was frozen? It's hard to find fresh ones here in the states.

Sounds & looks tasty! I've only had octopus as nigiri, or the tiny, baby octopai stir-fried whole. Last year I grilled stuffed squid & it turned out pretty good. I'll have to try octopus sometime; though it might be hard to come by here in MT. Regards, GF.

Back