Will you buy Goose Island beers now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy Goose Island beers?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Honestly, I don't care who owns what. What I care about is if the product they provide tastes good and is what I'm looking for in a beer.

If InBev owns a brewery, but that brewery still provides a great craft brew product, I'll buy it. It sends a signal to InBev that this is what I want, not their mass produced products. If they change the beer to make it more bland then I will stop buying it. This sends the signal that this is NOT what I want.

I remember a few years ago Ben & Jerry's ice cream was bought by Unilever. The ice cream really didn't change and is still kick arse. In other words, they didn't try to fix something that wasn't broken.

Yeah, I think I will buy GI again. Everytime I look at it at the store, I think about A-B and then walk out with something else. BUT! This weekend is Great Taste of the Midwest in Madison and GI is pulling out all the stops. Special tappings every half hour, Juliet snowcones and carmel corn with BCS candy coated bacon.

Special Tap List:
Marisol - Chef Collaboration Beer with Rick Bayless
Pomegranate Juliet - Sour Ale
Minx - Belgian IPA
Neapolitan Bourbon County Stout - Strawberry/Vanilla/Chocolate
Gillian - Saison with Strawberry, Honey, and White Pepper
Mae - Saison with peaches
Lazarus - Bourbon County Second Runnings
Rare Bourbon County Stout - BCS aged for 2 years in Pappy Van Winkle barrels
A Beer Named Sue - Black IPA in collaboration with Chef Chris Pandel of The Bristol

It's hard to deny a list like that..

So it was my first taste of GI. Hit the Wrigleyville location on the evening they were having a big radio station party before the Paul McCartney concert at the stadium. Had several of their offerings-312,IPA, an APA, and 2 others-between my wife and I.

Wouldn't go out of my way for any of them, regardless of the InBev status.

Was slightly more impressed at Rockbottom, to be honest.
Had a great time at Paddy Long's and just haulin' azz all over the city by CTA.

What a fun city:mug:

Their flagship brewpub has way better beer imo...on north and clybourn...but glad you're enjoying chicago!

Latest posts

Back