Beers/ales/Lagers from your past that you want to/have tried to clone...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that 40 countries in one night, or over a longer period of time? College has different standards

There was one night when we hosted the Shott's and Dykehead Caledonia Pipe Band for a fundraiser concert. I am pretty sure we hit more than 40 countries that night. Those Scots can drink!

In college, there was a pub called Spike's which gave out little punch cards, "Beers Around the World." If you hit 40 countries, you got a plaque on the wall.
My college had a pub on campus, which I later learned isn't common, which seems crazy to me but... Every year they sold tickets to a "beers of the world" night. If you were enrolled in Culinary Arts, you could even get class credit for them! I still have nightmares about that Mexican jalapeno lager (with a whole jalapeno floating in the bottle) and the chunky Jamaican fruit beer.

When I first started brewing, I used all kits and most of those were clones. Some of them were beers that I was familiar with (SNPA and Moose Drool) that I think turned out even better than the commercial beer. Most of them were clones of beers I wanted to try but couldn't get here, like Zombie Dust and Spotted Cow.

3%ABV as all beers in Utah had to be.

they did it by weight. so actually 5% ABV. or so i've been told.

From what I remember (over 45 years now)

is this an edit from the first time i read this thread? come on girl! you know you're still a kid! fess up to it! :mug:

Hope you post your Blatz recipe and results (if you find it and make it). I remember my parents drank that when I was a wee tyke (mom being from Wisconsin). It came in short, like Red Stripe still does.

That was our fishing beer in my youth! We said it was named from the next mornings results in the library!

Milwaukee's best (the Beast) and Miester Brau were the my cheap beer of choice in my beer drinking youth. I do brew a BMC lager clone just to see if I can, any mistakes in the process and you'll know it.

Back