Reasons to drink BEER!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdavisii

Reaction score
Ok im sitting at home today having a couple. currently sucking on a St. Bernardus Trippel. As this 8% goodness goes down my throat i wonder. Other then flavor why do i drink????? I would like everyone to come up with a reason to drink.........other then the obvious. Ill start. I drink so im not let down when i go home with a really big girl who is dreadfully ugly.

but biermuncher we live in the same town and your pics are so nice.....................................I hope all of you heard the sarcasm.:ban:

It's about the flavor of beer for me. I don't mind a good buzz once in awhile, but drinking beer (esp the stuff I make) to get totally sh!tfaced is not how I roll. Sipping a good beer and trying to pick out all of the unique flavors involved is about 90% of the experience for me. I find it amazing that various grains are capable of adding flavors like coffee, chocolate, fruit, tobacco etc... to a beer.

I also enjoy brewing, because it's a relaxing activity when you prepare everything right. I'm sitting in my front yard right now (about 75 degrees out today), sipping homebrew with a mash on. Country music playing and I'm chilling out telling you all why I like beer. What could be better?

I drink beer cause I love the taste. I don't really go for the high ABV stuff, though they make for a good night cap now and then.

Sometimes, when situations merit, a quart of Apfelwein can work pretty well. Just remember the general warnings. :D

I drink because I love a good tasty dark beer with a good meal, because I like a lighter ale on a hot day, because I can get a happy glow, because I enjoy drinking something I made from scratch with my own hands, and especially because my stomach demands barley based beverages!

Sounds good. I was just being my usual s*&t talking self initially. I really love trying new beer. Dont get me wrong im still young enough that a good buzz is always a good thing (will i ever grow out of this) The beer i just kegged is only 3.5abv so good flavor goes a long way.

I'm in the low ABV crowd too. I love being able to have lots of beer on a Friday or Saturday night and still feel great and able to put in a good day's work the next day.

All in all, I brew because it's very, very cool. Especially on tap.

Mostly taste, and while getting drunk is not the only thing on my mind, I am a guy in college...there's only so much I can restrain myself from.

And as soon as my first batch is done, I'll be drinking because I made it myself!!!!!

i like to have a light beer on tap as well as a strong beer, i drink beer because i love beer

I drink beer beer because, as others have mentioned, I love the flavors.
I love trying to pinpoint all of the subtle (or not-so-subtle) complexities.
I love trying to find the perfect food pairing for a particular brew.
I love the smell.
I love beer.

I love mead even more. ;)

I wish they'd invent a pill that you could take after a few beers that completely eliminated any trace or sign of alcohol so you could start the process all over again.

I can't do the high ABV beers either - the taste of the alcohol is distracting to me. I drink for flavor (I'll just drink water if the only beer around is BMC) and I like to get a nice buzz going too. Unless we're spending the evening at the in-laws - then getting trashed first is a must, usually with tequila or bourbon.:drunk:

I drink beer for the taste of it, I also look forward to sitting outside on a warm summers evening with a Pitcher of home made beer and just soaking in the warmth, the taste, and the peace and quiet after a hard days work.

that just about sums it up.

And sometimes I enjoy a little too much :tank::drunk:

:mug:I like good beer, good food, good woman,good cigars,and good times. Not necessarily in the same order, but I like them all!:mug::D:tank:

I drink beer for the taste of it, I also look forward to sitting outside on a warm summers evening with a Pitcher of home made beer and just soaking in the warmth, the taste, and the peace and quiet after a hard days work.

I just had my first experience of a nice sunny day on the patio with the wife and dogs while drinking my very own IPA. Wow, that was cool. Then I went to a company BBQ where I enjoyed more of my IPA and let some of my work buddies who love microbrewed beer have their first taste of my homebrew. Coincidently, they were drinking the very local microbrew IPA that I cloned and couldn't tell the difference... that was even cooler.

I love beer because:
-it makes my problems go away.
-makes me forget reality.
-makes me feel confidant and relaxed.
-calms my nerves and steadies my trembling.
Just kidding I love it because of the limitless possibilities of types to brew and ways to make it, very fun hobby. The taste it USUALLY very rewarding!

As a relatively new home-brewer (almost a year, with my 9th batch in the primary as I type), I discovered that there is almost nothing better than having my g/f, neighbors and friends all sitting around sampling my beers, swapping stories, inhaling some BBQ ... sampling more home-brew ...

It made for a GREAT Memorial Day cook-out !

I drink beer because it calms me down. Even long before I start to feel anything, the simple act of enjoying a beer makes me happy and tells my brain that it's time to calm down.
I drink beer because it makes me think of the science behind brewing and fermentation.
I drink beer because it's a great way to bond with friends.
I drink beer because wine gives me a headache and liquor is too strong for casual consumption.
I drink beer because sometimes I enjoy getting drunk.
I drink beer because it's refreshing.
I drink beer because it's good for me in moderation.
I drink beer because it makes me more outgoing in social situations.
I drink beer because I love beer!

Just don't drink so much that it ends up being a dreadfully ugly guy...(or even a good looking guy for that matter).

:off: LOL that reminds me of a TRUE story that happened locally. I can't get into the specifics in this particular forum, but it involves a REALLY drunk dude, another dude, and a cop.

Back on topic:

I like beer. it makes me a jolly good fellow
I like beer. It helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow

Whiskeys too rough, champagne costs too much, vodka puts my mouth in gear
This little refrain should help me explain as a matter of fact I like beer

Last edited by a moderator:
I drink for good times with firends
I drink for taste and to just try something new
I NOW drink because i made it and that is just too cool

Because work sucks. Sorry I'm pissed about my job today cause they screwed me for a vacation request. And the taste is great and making beer is the greatest hobby (hopefully more than that soon) that i have partaken in.

I drink beer to free up bottles, so I can bottle some beer, empty a carboy and brew more beer.

I like brewing more than I like drinking, so often my drinking rate mostly depends on my current need for bottles.
At the risk of sounding like a touchy feely sort of yoga posing pot smoking,tie died in the wool, in touch with my feeling sort of weirdo...Drinking your own home brewed beer or wine or mead...Is like some sort of zen like total sensory experience. I don't drink to get drunk...(When that happens I fall asleep and can't have more beer) but I do often sit by myself...with the TV off, and just concentrate on the beer in my hand. The way it smells, the way it looks, the way it sounds being poured. It's like a good friend that hears you weather you are talking or not. It has kept your attention from the time you ran the first gallon of strike water, and it is not going to let you down. You are a good friend to your beer. You have made sure it wasnt' too hot or too cold, you washed it and kept it clean. You have fed it and babied it and bottled (or Kegged) it. and now it's your right to enjoy it.

Well, you have to think about what it is you are going to do first when you get home from work....unless you go out for happy hour, then it's a double of Micheal Collins Irish Whiskey, and then the best beer you can find for the 'special price'

and I love beer thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Hops getting it on many years ago....that is my favorite

Latest posts

Back