Any AG Brewers around Loveland/Greeley?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fords4life

Reaction score
I know there are probably many, but wondering if any would like an assistant/observer sometime. My second partial mash batch is in the primary going to secondary tomorrow. I don't have the resources to go AG yet, but would like to see how someone else handles their brew day. I have some Coffee Porter bottled that I would be happy to share and can bring some commercial stuff if dark beer isn't your thing. I actually live in Milliken but willing to drive a bit.

Thanks,
Nathan

I'm in castle rock - wish I lived closer we could learn together. Coffee stout sounds amazing where did you pull the recipe from?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

We offer regular free brewing sessions at Quirky Homebrew. Seldom a Saturday passes that we do not have someone brewing in back and often it is all grain. Give a call and we will update you, watch our website at www.Quirkyhomebrew.com or our facebook page for last minute updates. We are happy to teach you everything! A slight ride but closer than CR for sure.

Hey Nathan,

I'm in Windsor. I've been brewing all-grain BIAB for 2.5 years. PM me if you want get together and brew sometime.

Thanks for the response. Might be swinging by Quirky tomorrow to look for the next recipe.

The coffee porter was a Brewers Best kit and it came out very good.

LLBeanJ, I will check my schedule and see if we can't figure something out.

There are a few of us in the Springs area as well. Might be worth planning a meet up sometime in the future, maybe some beer swaps and cigars to boot....

I was planning a trip to Quirky HB last Friday but the Army got in my way. Will be a few weeks before I can get up there, but I will update when I am planning on making the trip.

Tim

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I went into Quirky a few days ago. Pretty cool place. They do have a huge selection, especially on yeasts. There were more yeasts in there than I have ever seen in any CO store.

If you haven't been to the Castle Rock Homebrew Supply that place is awesome too. The owner has really low prices on everything and he prides himself on beating Amazon prices and other deals you'll find around (his equipment prices are very very good). Grains are pretty cheap too. On top of everything he's a Vet which makes me feel good supporting his cause. Between Quirky and Castle Rock Supply, it's refreshing to see these small little companies put forth a lot of effort to beat their bigger competition. It is kind of weird that probably the best two supply stores I have been to are at the very top point of the city (Quirky) and far south (Castle Rock).

Usually by 8 AM in the summer to try to get ahead of the heat, but I'm flexible. What's you schedule look like? Would Saturday or Sunday be better?

Back