Plastic Taste in Your Beer Lines??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyBeer

Reaction score
If you are having taste issuse with your beer lines as I have and are looking for a good replacement try better bottle direct.

I contacted them looking for their PET lined tubing and they said they would sell direclty to me at .45 per foot!!

If you haven't looked around that is a truely awsome price for PET lined tubing.

I contact over a dozen places trying to find a source for PET lined tubing and everyone of them was asking for a min. order of 500 to 2000 feet.

The only draw back is that better bottle only makes 1/4 inch tubing so I will have to run longer lines that I was but it is worth it to not have to pour out the first once or two on every pour.

I realize this has been talked about before but I some how missed it and spent time and money on bad tubing so I am hoping to save someone else the trouble.

Here is a link to a great link with go info on this subject: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/beer-line-tests-solution-plastic-taste-60380/

Cheers

How long of line are you running at say the average 10-12psi? I'm looking to get some lined tubing but I don't want to run 15-20 feet of it for each keg. Thanks.

Back