iBrewmaster 2 Mash Profile Confusion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tapout

Reaction score
I'm about to do my first all grain brew using an American IPA recipe I came up with. I am plugging it all into iBrewmaster 2 and am at the point where I add the mash/EQ profile. I plan on fly sparging. My problem is that none of the profiles in iBrewmaster 2 say "fly sparge". From what I've read, there used to be a "fly sparge" option, but that was in an earlier version.

I don't plan on stepping the mash, just mashing in at a specific temp for 1 hour and then fly sparging at a mash out temp. I tried using the NB Single Infusion profile in iBrewmaster 2, but the temps it calls for seem awfully high for an IPA (152 degrees for the mash in and then add 212 degree (boiling) water for a mash out of 170 degrees). All of those numbers seem high.

Do any of you who use iBrewmaster 2, have any insight you can give me? iBrewmaster 2 seems to be a pretty good product and it's served me well for 30 extract brews, but it's not so intuitive for all grain.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back