Summerville area brew shops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadie

Reaction score
Hey guys. Relocating from KS to Summerville after our house closes next month. Are there any brew shops in the area for a good selection of grain/yeast/etc.?

Go to beer engineer supply. They are in North Charleston and are the closest. Other than. That there is one in Mt. Pleasant but that is a bit of a drive.

Thanks. I'll have to learn the area and have been spoiled by having a couple very good brew shops close to me. If those 2 don't fit the bill maybe someday I'll open one myself!

Looks like I'll check Beer Engineer out first once we get down there next month.

Can you brew on-site at either of these stores? If all I need are a couple ounces of any particular grain can you buy just what you need or are you stuck buying a prepackaged bag?

Looks like I'll check Beer Engineer out first once we get down there next month.

Can you brew on-site at either of these stores? If all I need are a couple ounces of any particular grain can you buy just what you need or are you stuck buying a prepackaged bag?

Both shops will weigh out and crush grain for you. Only thing I have had them crush for me was 2 row so far so I'm not sure what other grains they have. I know they have 4-5 bins so I'm assuming 4-5 different grains. I do buy my flaked adjuncts in pre-packed amounts however. I also don't know if they have a set amount they will crush for you but I'm betting they will hook you up with whatever is needed. They are pretty good people in there!

No brewing at the Beer Engineer, but they have a lot of Grains and Malts to choose from that you can weigh and crush yourself.

Here is the link to the website:

http://beerengineersupply.com/

Grains and Malts.jpg

Thanks guys. I've been spoiled with my current shop which probably has 30+ grains that you weigh/crush yourself plus you can brew there using their E-HERMS system. Folks can ferment using the store's basement something I know the low country doesn't have, then come in and bottle using the store's equipment as well. They also have a keezer with 4 beers on tap that people help themselves to. Not that I need any of that stuff as I have my own gear but it's a cool place.

I'll need to get used to brewing in a garage and pitching later after the wort has cooled in my fermentation fridge. I don't think I need to worry about my chiller lines freezing up at least. :)

Back