Hello from Lake in the Hills, IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkstar79

Reaction score
Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. I have brewed once a couple years ago using a kit (not mr beer) that was very basic and there was no steeping of the hops involved. It was all extract in a can I believe. It came out OK, but not that great. Now I have purchased a kit will extract and grains so I am looking to get serious and learn this the right way!

Hey, there's a local home brew club "The Midnight Carboys" and they're meeting up at Govnors in Lake in the Hills tomorrow night at 7:30pm to check out the new brewmaster's setup. I'm going to be working, but it sounds like a good time and it seems like they welcome newcomers... look them up!

elkdog said:
Is the sn a Dead reference? If so, I heartily approve. Welcome!

yes it is :D

barnes- thanks for the info. If possible I'll try to check that out. Is that a regular thing that goes on at govnor's? I do like their beers, I have absolute rat bastard ale in my kegerator right now.

darkstar79 said:
Is that a regular thing that goes on at govnor's? I do like their beers, I have absolute rat bastard ale in my kegerator right now.

It's not their normal location, but they meet the first Thursday of every month. I put myself on their email list when I went to Govnors BrewDaze (I think that's the name of the event), but I've never gone to one of their meetings because I've been working Thursday nights every time they've had one.

www.midnightcarboys.com

They had their home brew at the BrewDaze for free, just showing off some cool stuff that their members had cooked up... it was pretty nice.

Back