Ranco Digital Thermostat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanwolfhausen

Reaction score
I see these on ebay pretty cheap. The picture always just looks like the probe is attached. Do you have to buy the plug separate and if so what kind of plug do you get?

you can use any eletrical outlet or an extention cord cut in half and wired in. If you have basic elec skills its easily done with the included instructions. They work really well.

For the cool factor though, the Love PID that everybody uses for the Brutus set-up makes a good controller as well. Much smaller than the Ranco and it has a much larger LED display with lighted red numbers. You have to wire it just like you would a Ranco but you also have to put in a box or a panel. I guess it adds a half point of difficulty to the install.

Not that I would even attempt to do the PID route since I would prolly mess it up.haha But, humor me...What would you need to accomplish this task? Any time of PID would work?

Latest posts

Back