Urgent! How to get temperature probe inside the refrigerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goswell

Reaction score
I just got a refrigerator that I will use be using for fermentation temp control and I'm brewing an oatmeal stout this Monday morning. The problem is I don't know how to get the temperature probe from my Johnson Control unit inside the refrigerator. I know I could just drill a hole somewhere but is there a safe place? I'd had to hit a line and let all the freon on out!

I basically hang it inside the door with the temp probe at the height of the carboy. No holes to drill, etc. Hasn't been a problem getting in the way when the door is opened.

I basically hang it inside the door with the temp probe at the height of the carboy. No holes to drill, etc. Hasn't been a problem getting in the way when the door is opened.

I do the same thing with duct tape on the inside wall of the fridge. Good old duct tape.

PROST!

If you really want to drill you can drill from the inside. first drill through the plastic just enough to get through, then use a piece of wire to move the insulation around and use a flashlight to see where it's safe to drill.

Latest posts

Back