Why????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a bad person. Okay, we got that straight.

I was to have a Home Depot installation today for our bathroom. Getting a new tub liner put in. The installer was supposed to do it on the 8th, but had to move it to today because of a "family illness". Fine. Well, today comes, and no installer. They called at 0945 and said he wouldn't be here until 2 PM because of a job that ran late yesterday. Problem is, I have plans tonight for my brother-in-laws 18th birthday. I can't be here until past 6 PM. Tomorrow is no good because both me and SWMBO work. We can't do it on the weekend because it is the last weekend we have together before SWMBO deploys.

What do I do? I shouldn't have to wait until next week, I shouldn't have to wait period. Am I over-reacting? What would you guys say to these a-holes?

I'm half tempted to tell them they are going to eat some of this contract.

I have yet to hear someone speak well of the Depot. Every single person who has had cabinets, bathrooms, etc etc installed by the Wal Mart of home repairs has had nothing nice to say about them by the time the job is finished.

Especially attention to detail. Or if anything has to be done out of the ordinary. Theres this guy I work with who used the Depot to have his kitchen cabinets installed. He needed an electrical outlet installed where he had one previously. The guys basically said, its not in the contract, so we wont do it. I mean seriously, when did it not become about the customer's wants anymore?

I'd tell them that they are either going to knock 20% off or the contract is ripped up and that I'm done with them. Thing is, you'd have to be willing to not have them call your bluff!!

You are entitled to some sort of compensation in my opinion. I'd bust balls.

When I was in the service industry I had to give the best sevice even to the biggest a holes so when it comes to me I demand it. Plus think about it you paid for install on that date and its not done. Sounds like BREECH OF CONTRACT TO ME!!! Freak out because your time is worth money too!!!!!

Thats all I got to say about that-Forest Gump

See, I had the opposite experience. I had Depot install new windows in my house last week; they knocked out thirteen windows bewteen 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM. They came in, worked hard, professional, nice guys, couldn't have gone smoother. The orignal promise was that it was a two-day job, they were done (with no quality issues that I can see) in one day. There's a couple panes that came in broken, but they are being replaced without issue.

Remember, they subcontract out to local guys to do any install work. I'm not surprised that they wouldn't move an electrical box - they aren't electricians.

So, I don't know what to tell you, you ought to ***** and moan and see what they'll do for you, but my experience with the Depot has been positive.

Unless it is for an insurance repair, I will never let anyone else do something that I could do myself because I will focus on the quality type of job that I want. I do all my plumbing, electrical, tile, wood floors, windows, doors, etc. Of course, that means much more time out of my schedule and I normally have 5 or 6 things going at once, but I just can't justify the cost for someone else to do it. Besides, I love to do that stuff and I like to learn about something new.

I like this stuff, too... but it would have taken me all winter to replace those windows. I've done 98% of the work on the place, I just leave plumbing, electical (other than installing new fixtures and the like), and windows to the experts.

the_bird said:
I like this stuff, too... but it would have taken me all winter to replace those windows. I've done 98% of the work on the place, I just leave plumbing, electical (other than installing new fixtures and the like), and windows to the experts.

I'm with you. I understand the mark-up of the contractors and everything, but when I know I can't do something right, I'lll leave it to the pros. I wouldn't even attempt a bathroom. I want this thing leak free.

I guess they are going to do half today and half tomorrow. The supervisor I talked to is a total retard.

Incidentally, I just met my co-workers nephew today, who just starting his own business as an electrician. He's come over some night next week to give me an estimate on wiring the basement, which means.........

Lagering fridges, baby! :D

Back