Greetings from Thailand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sceadugenga

Hi all brewers and drinkers.
I'm an experienced brewer who moved to Thailand a couple of years ago and have got the itch to start brewing again. The problems seem large, but not insurmountable. Locating a reliable supply of hops and malt seems to be the first priority. Any advice from expats or former expats in South East Asia would be appreciated.

Find someonw with an APO or NPO address. Keep your exuipment size and weight low. That should allow you to order from US suppliers without a problem.

Sawasdi

It's not exactly a big help, but there's a brewpub in Singapore called Brewerkz that was encouraging homebrewers when I left there in Summer '05. They might be able to help you out with some supplies.

http://www.brewerkz.com/

Good Luck

Thanks guys, the big problem's the malt, I'm not into making my own and the only grain here in common usage is rice. Malt is heavy and air freight or even taking it on the plane your self is expensive.

Genghis77 said:
Find someonw with an APO or NPO address. Keep your exuipment size and weight low. That should allow you to order from US suppliers without a problem.

This is your best bet, I have an APO in Germany and get my supplies shipped... a little expensive, but not ridiculous.

Singapore again mate,this time try ibrewsingapore.They do all the coopers stuff.They guy who runs the shop is a real help.I got my FV sent up from there.
Good to know that there are others here in Thailand needing to feed the urge th brew!

Hi all brewers and drinkers.
I'm an experienced brewer who moved to Thailand a couple of years ago and have got the itch to start brewing again. The problems seem large, but not insurmountable. Locating a reliable supply of hops and malt seems to be the first priority. Any advice from expats or former expats in South East Asia would be appreciated.

My advice is also Singapore. I spend a lot of time in the Riau Archipelago and that is where I do my shopping for supplies. A place you might wish to try is iBrew (http://www.ibrew.com.sg/).

Back