Stuck Fermentation - Chocolate Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shapptastic

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any tips for a stuck fermentation. This is my first lager, i pitched with 2 packets of dry saflager S-23 at 56F. This was a partial mash with 10lbs LME(2 dark, one amber) and 2 lbs of grain. SG was around 1.068, after 2.5 weeks, I've been getting gravity readings around 1.32 over the last three days. About 2.5 inches of trub is on the bottom, so I figured i'd aerate a bit to see if it starts up again. Any other ideas? should I make up a starter and repitch or should I warm it up?

Thanks for any help!

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for a stuck fermentation. This is my first lager, i pitched with 2 packets of dry saflager S-23 at 56F. This was a partial mash with 10lbs LME(2 dark, one amber) and 2 lbs of grain. SG was around 1.068, after 2.5 weeks, I've been getting gravity readings around 1.32 over the last three days. About 2.5 inches of trub is on the bottom, so I figured i'd aerate a bit to see if it starts up again. Any other ideas? should I make up a starter and repitch or should I warm it up?

Thanks for any help!

Stir it up, to get the yeasties suspended, and bring it up to ale temps for a couple days, then crash it down, 2 degrees a day to 46 degrees and leave if for 3 weeks.

After that crash it down to 36 for 3 weeks to lager and then bottle or keg it.

I just started a DIPA last Sunday and fermentation didnt start for 3 or 4 days (not a bubble one (not in the airlock but in the wort)). It just looked stagnant. Finally I gave it a good swirl. By the next day those yeasties were going to town. I think some of the hops sediment that didn't get filtered on brew day settled on top of the yeast and kept it from getting started. Now we're brewing!

Back