Nutrient question....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zimbigneu

Reaction score
I started a hard cider yesterday, used a dry champagne yeast, hydrated/pitched it. today i realized i didn’t add nutrients.
I didnt see any action in the fermenter last night, or this morning. but after about 18 hours after i started fermentation it is now starting to do something.
What i am getting at:
Is it too late to add nutrient?
I read somewhere that adding Thiamine HCL is possible as an energizer.
Or should i just let it be?
If i do use it, should i dilute it in some cider or just spoon it into the fermenter? I am using fermax by the way.
Would it be detrimental to give it a bit of a shake after i add it?
sorry about all the questions. this is turning out to be quite the learning experience.

just add the nutrient. no need to dilute. as far as shaking it, it depends how much fermentation you are seeing. if there are no bubbles coming out the air lock then don't shake. if your seeing a normal amount of bubbles then go ahead and shake it baby. but really there is no need to shake. the nutrient will dissolve and disperse naturally.

Back