Amazing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksmeat

Reaction score
Mods, feel free to delete/not post this. I just wanted to share a noob "don't worry, have a homebrew story".

2 weeks ago I did my first partial mash ever. My only other experience was 2 extract batches over a year ago. First, the kit said it had a grain bag. None in there. Had the wife make one. Turned out WAY too small. Managed to barely clip it on the sides of the pot, but only the corners could touch the sides. My other pot turned out too big to fit on the range. Had to heat up all my extra water in a 3 gallon pot we had laying around. Took FOREVER. Also, I couldn't keep the mash temp constant. First, way too hot. Then, way too cold. Spent most of the mash either at 145 or 159. Had to do some weird gymnastics with different pots to sparge. Finally got the boil going. Worried as all get out about the volume, efficiency, and all that.

Long story short, OG was DEAD on, 1042. Just put it in the secondary. Target FG was 1012, came up with 1011. Took a taste, and it was beautiful. I know it will get better with age, but I want to force carb and drink it all now (not going to though).

Seriously, don't worry. It will turn out great!

Back