Temp control in SE Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JReasoner

Reaction score
I've been looking at several different methods to control fermentation temperatures and keep coming across the swamp cooler. Has anyone had any success with evaluative cooling systems in high humidity areas?

I'm wanting to start a pale ale and/or a graf soon but both of these need to be at least (most?)mid 60's. Is my best option water cooling with frozen bottles?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Have you looked in to the cool brewing bags? I'm in Austin, keep the house at 75 in the summer and can keep mid 60s by using 3 frozen 2l bottles and swapping every morning.

i do the swamp cooler thing and we get very hot and humid here in Va during the summer. It seems to work better than leaving the beer to whatever the ambient air temp is. The bigger your vat of water the longer it will take to warm up. I can usually keep it between 62-66 degrees in any given day by changing the frozen water bottles out 2 times a day. I usually change them out in the morning and then again after dinner. If I changed the bottles out 3 times a day I think I could keep it between 62-64 degrees but being that I have to work the temp range I get seems to work well.

I'm trying to save up for a temp controller to put on a minifridge I have but the swamp cooler is working for now. Good luck.

Back