stupid nub kegerator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnsy1

Reaction score
Hello all. I just built a kegerator with a kit from beveragefactory. I've never used kegs before so I'm new to all this. I picked up a keg from total wine and I'll be hooking it up in couple hours. Do I need to run anything through the beer lines in the kegerator to sanitize or clear them out since they are brand new...before hooking up the keg?

If the answer is yes my next question is how could I go about that...I do not have a corny to hook up to the lines to flush them...I'm hoping I can just hook up this dogfish head 90 and go...but I'll wait on input from the experts.

Thanks!

you should of gotten a cleaning kit with your conversion. if not order one. but seeing as the lines are new you might just wash them with some water and PBW.

I would just boil the fittings/gaskets and run some hot water through the lines. No need to sanitize. Then just pour off a pint or 2 once you get the keg hooked up.

Thanks guys...any thoughts on how i can run water through the lines?

The lines are about 5 feet...but a foot and a half or so of that is in the tower\copper line...I might have been able to siphon a little in to the lines...and then maybe connect it to the keg...and let the keg push the stuff out.

I just ended up running hot water over the washer and hooking it up...so far so good I think...though today when i poured a beer it came out real slow...and I found the psi had dropped down to almost zero...not sure why.

Latest posts

Back