A couple requests...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerT

Reaction score
Well, I have my first batch in bottles, my second in the primary. Next on deck is a Fat Tire clone form NB. I am starting to think of a few I want to make in te future. Can anyone help with an extract / steeping recipe for either of the following:

1) Warsteiner.....my all-time personal favorite commercial beer. :cross:

2) Sam Adams Light.....stop laughing! My wife love the stuff, and if I can replicate it, it would cement my home-brewing in her mind. ;)

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

-Todd

I just wanted to throw in that I don't think there are a large number of lager drinkers here, so you might not get much action on your post. we be brewing mostly ales.

anyway, i have found a few Sam Adams recipes, but not a 'light' recipe. I guess you could leave out some of the extract to make it a light beer (or add more water to the fermenter.)

Here's one Sam Adams recipe.

Make sure you use a lager yeast and keep that puppy pretty cold while fermenting.

-walker

Thansk for the input. I have never done a lager myself, but am itching to try one this winter. My garage stays about 40 degrees in the cold months...

I will search elsewhere.

-Todd

yeah.. I'm toying with the idea of making a lager this winter, too, also in the garage.

Right now I have a scottish ale in the garage fermenting. Temp is about 60 degrees, which is ideal for a scottish ale yeast, but it's going to be too cold for ales out there for ales pretty soon.

-walker

Back