Zombie Invasion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3PegBrew

Reaction score
Zombie virus breakout was just declared over the news.
It started in DC, spread up to the New England area, and is making its way westward.

If you live in the infected area what do you do?
If you live west of the infection what would you do?

It's dog eat dog. Anything goes.

I would grab my friend the welder and have a Hummer or some other giant SUV converted into a mobile tank.

Take the numerous trucks, snow plows and zero turn lawnmowers I have and begin manufacturing and selling mobile zombie deterrence vehicles. Plow up front and the entire exterior of the truck covered with 60" mower decks with very sharp blades.

Airplanedoc said:
No one is stocking up on brewing supplies?

Exactly my thoughts.
Step one - guns/machetes
Step two - select microbrewery with steady access to clean water (well preferred).
Step three - transform brewery into armed compound.
Step four - transform brewery trucks into armed tanks.
Step five - raid nearby breweries for grain and hops. Stockpile!
Step six - sit on roof of brewery with sixer and some rifles and pick off zombies as they approach.

***WARNING!!! DRUCK POST!!!***

I would buy a cache of automatic weapons and ammo and unload on anyone that even thinks the words zombie or vampire. I am sooooooo sick of that crap I could puke. There. Rant over. Return to your fantasies of impossible situations.

I looked on the internetz, there's no zombie outbreak. It's just Joe Paterno, first they said he was dead, then his family said he was alive, but now they say he's really dead. I know it's confusing, he did look like one, but that's been the last 40 years.

I looked on the internetz, there's no zombie outbreak. It's just Joe Paterno, first they said he was dead, then his family said he was alive, but now they say he's really dead. I know it's confusing, he did look like one, but that's been the last 40 years.

Revvy, I think you are going through the steps of grief over this zombie invasion. Right now you are in denial. Soon you will be angry. Then you will try to bargain for survival. Then you will be sad that nobody believes the zombies are fake. Finally, after all the supplies and weapons are taken, you will accept that all that is left is to enjoy your homebrew locked up in your castle.

Revvy, I think you are going through the steps of grief over this zombie invasion. Right now you are in denial. Soon you will be angry. Then you will try to bargain for survival. Then you will be sad that nobody believes the zombies are fake. Finally, after all the supplies and weapons are taken, you will accept that all that is left is to enjoy your homebrew locked up in your castle.

Actually I've been posting in and starting zombie threads on here before you ever came here.....Some of the 50 that airbornguy mentioned. ;)

FYI the stages of zombie grief are

1) Denial
2) Dinner
3) Braaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnsssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

hahaha

I've just been on a zombie kick for the past week. Been playing Dead Island. Then, yesterday, I was at walmart and saw the double feature 28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later. :ban:

Here's what you do:

1. Contact friends / relatives in close proximity who you know will want to fight this battle with you.
2. Find a firetruck from a station close to you and fill the water tanks with gasoline.
3. Grab your friends/family and drive to the closest supermarket. Load up on food/water.
4. Raid a store for weapons including guns and swords. Swords being the operative word here....
5. Drive north to canada where the winters are far too cold for zombies to invade/survive. You'll have enough gas because of the tanks / if you run into trouble the sheer weight of the truck will plow through most zombies.
6. Begin to learn the ways of a survivalist lifestyle. This includes collecting / filtering water from rivers, harvesting during the summer, building forts/living in a pre-existing facility (house, building, etc.) and most importantly hunting.
7. Remember zombies do not live forever and will eventually die out. It is crucial to go as far north as tolerable. Winters may be rough, but being a zombie is worse...
8. Reproduce (hopefully you have someone other than family around...) and wait several years before entering back into the states.
9. Pretend it never happened.

That's my guide and I'm sticking to it.

I grab by go bag (yeah I've got one(, some guns, girlfriend, and then drive to the middle of no where and just hang in the woods. I'm hoping I could live off the land, I think I could it's something I certainly I hope I am capable of.

I grab by go bag (yeah I've got one(, some guns, girlfriend, and then drive to the middle of no where and just hang in the woods. I'm hoping I could live off the land, I think I could it's something I certainly I hope I am capable of.

Personally, I think that way too many people but way too much thought into what they would do when zombies happen. Hey to each their own but I just don't get it.

That said, a go bag is something that really everyone really should have. Zombies don't happen but other stuff does and you may need to get out and go in a hurry.

Zombies! Pfffff. Who actually believes in that stuff? It is the alien robot invasion that we really need to be ready for. ;)

Is it weird that I think about this frequently? I just moved from san diego to a tiny ass town in central oregon. Every night I think about what I would do if zombies burst through my windows and attacked my family.

Ok, i exaggerated..every other night is more correct. Even though I think about it frequently, i still have no effin clue what I would do. Probably go in the basement where my homebrew is fermenting so i can hopefully drink myself to death with the 5 gallons of 9% abv beer I have fermenting.

Swing by mom's house and pick her up on the way to the store to buy lots of ammo.

She's a critical part of my survival plan. She's getting pretty slow...

I got a 30-.06 for long range headshots, a short A5 for close in action, and several .22s for zombie squirrels.

My parents live in a small town with a small arsenal of weapons and and ample supply of canned foods. It would be almost too easy living there during the zombie apocalypse.

Unfortunately I live in the top floor of an apartment in a city with no firearms. The best weapon I have is a chef knife. Might as well join the horde now.

dca20e6870efed603cf68802aef0fc9a.jpg

This...

Washington DC ?
There are Zombies in Washington DC?

So ? Your like soooo stating the obvious there :) !

What type of zombies r we talking about? If its 28 days im just going to the liquor store n drinking myself dead on craft beer. If its generic then im going to the liquor store n getting drunk off craft n then going all zombieland on them. Then when its over i'll contol my area of jersey by selling alcohol

No problems here, that's what they made shotguns for. Pops has got one too, but I opted for the Mossberg 500 with a short barrel. Sure, it's a pump not a semi-auto, but that means you got 5 or 6 shells in the tube and you can shove a new one in after each shot, without pulling a magazine out and being temporarily defenseless. What up now zombie Sarah Palin?

If its generic then im going to the liquor store n getting drunk off craft n then going all zombieland on them. Then when its over i'll contol my area of jersey by selling alcohol

Basically: Shaun of the Dead -> Zombieland -> Boardwalk Empire?

Back