Is my yeast in trouble? w/ pic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StophJS

Reaction score
Probably worrying about nothing but I'm a little concerned about my yeast because I've never had something like this before. I am making 5 gallons of hard cider, and I just went ahead and pitched nearly all 5 gallons into a 5 gallon BB because I have had no krausen in the past with this cider and yeast combo. I rehydrated my US-05 and pitched it. Because the carboy is full up the neck, the yeast seems to have floated up along upper surface of the carboy. The yeast is obviously still in contact with the cider, but I'm worried it might get stuck against the walls and not be able to get its work done. What do you guys think?

scaled.php

Thats yeast on top...thats good...A cooler temperature can keep the kreuzen from being too much. Currently my low gravity ale had very little kreuzen until I turned up the house heater.

I'd say your in good hands. Your doing just fine.

Sounds good, thanks. :mug: As far as temp, should be 60 all the way through if I remember to keep the the door shut. Worked out great for me last time.

yeast are not visible to the naked eye, what you can see are millions of yeast clumped together the rest are busy working.

Back