Raspberry melomel test post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimV

Reaction score
This is to see if I can post pics here. This was made from my own honey and raspberries harvested from a farm my bees pollinate. This glass is about 6 weeks from the start of the fermentation process, and very drinkable.

original.jpg

Looks like it works. 12 pounds honey in the bottom of the 6 gallon primary bucket, added EC1118 yeast that had sat in a coffee cup half filled with blood warm water 15 minutes, add just under a table spoon of yeast nutrient and yeast energizer each, then filled with RO water from a pressured hose so everything mixed together well and had plenty of O2. Literally no further work until racked into a carboy. After 10 days or so sparkaloid and then a few days later ready to drink.

Raspberry mead is awesome. I wish that I had your supply of Rasperries. I need to buy them from the store. And for a 6 gallon batch it would cost me about $50. I get them from costco 6-8 oz containers for $10.00 when in season. That works out to what 1 1/2 pounds for $10. Not very ecconimical.

I love the red color. I did a Raspberry Thyme that is currently aging and is drinkable now but will be awesome in 6 months, It has a hell of a nose. I can smell both the thyme and the raspberries.

Already bottled so I don't have pics.

Mine ended up a bit darker and less see through, even though I did sparkloid it twice.

Cheers
Matrix

I am a bit spoiled! Total cost for me is about 50 cents per bottle. Getting the crap stung out of me isn't always pleasant, but still worth it :)

Noob question,
What the heck is sparkloid?

Thanks

Raspberry mead is awesome. I wish that I had your supply of Rasperries. I need to buy them from the store. And for a 6 gallon batch it would cost me about $50. I get them from costco 6-8 oz containers for $10.00 when in season. That works out to what 1 1/2 pounds for $10. Not very ecconimical.

I love the red color. I did a Raspberry Thyme that is currently aging and is drinkable now but will be awesome in 6 months, It has a hell of a nose. I can smell both the thyme and the raspberries.

Already bottled so I don't have pics.

Mine ended up a bit darker and less see through, even though I did sparkloid it twice.

Cheers
Matrix

Back