I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frozen grilled chicken can be kinda meh all by itself. I did up a quick curry last week. It's all in the sauce. Or you could try some buffalo wing pizza with it :D

Brats - kraut and hot mustard, german potato salad on the side.

Sausage patty & eggs for breakfast. Or pizza.

Throw it all in a grinder and make a meat baby:

meatbaby.jpg

Well, crap. I may have shot someone's dog, but it didn't have a collar and looked dirty and wild to me. And it turned to me in a threatening manner, so I plea self-defense. I didn't think it was a coyote at first, I thought it was a wolf, but then I called hubby at his shop and told him a wolf got Peewee but I shot it in the eye. So he says, "There aren't wolves around here!! You must have shot a coyote!". Okay, odd coloring for a coyote, but figured he was right. So he gets home after piddling at his shop, looked at my kill and told me that's a domestic dog! I had thought it was too big to be a coyote, that's why I thought it was a big wolf, it was around 60 pounds. Poor little doggie, but also poor little Peewee, the very sweet hen, and at least the dog did not suffer, it was a perfect shot and it died instantly. I sure hope it was not someone's pet. :(

Sorry for the sad reality check, but totally justified BL.

Now LRB brings up an interesting problem. Suppose the (now deceased) coyote turns out to be a HBT homebrewer that was making an unannounced visit and had multiple six packs of homebrew under each arm. Does a post on HBT constitute enough notification for the next of kin? And what should happen to the unopened homebrew?

Leadgolem said:
I forget snaps, which reservation is it? I actually end up fixing accounts on reservations all the time....Hmm. That makes it sound like I'm doing something fishy. What I mean is, I fix the location data for the accounts. The addresses on reservations almost never work correctly in the location system my company uses. So accounts end up with no local tv stations, or sometimes the wrong ones.
Santa Rosa Rancheria in Lemoore. Tachi Yokut tribe.

I think I will have the sausage pattie, pancakes, and eggs for breakfast. Then, for lunch, bratz with spicy mustard sauce and probably rice. I'm thinking chicken casadia for the grilled chicken breast. Probably with green sauce. Hmmm, all of that sounds good. I must be hungry. :)

Santa Rosa Rancheria in Lemoore. Tachi Yokut tribe.
Huh, interesting. Kings county is one of the few that doesn't have location data issues.

Osage county near Tulsa has issues sometimes. Northern Apache County in New Mexico is a freaking nightmare.

I updated my fast banana wine thread. I just sampled some dry banana wine. I think it will be fully mature at about the 6 month mark. That's about what I was thinking, based on the changes I made to the recipe. It's pretty good at 3 months too. :)

Sorry for the sad reality check, but totally justified BL.

Now LRB brings up an interesting problem. Suppose the (now deceased) coyote turns out to be a HBT homebrewer that was making an unannounced visit and had multiple six packs of homebrew under each arm. Does a post on HBT constitute enough notification for the next of kin? And what should happen to the unopened homebrew?

In that case, I would probably email the next of kin, if possible, and let them know that I really did think the homebrewer was a coyote or wolf after my chickens and say I'm sorry. And drown my sorrows in the homebrew he or she was toting. And thanks, peeps, for reassuring me that it was justifiable dog-slaughter. And, yes, be sure to call first if you plan to stop by.

LG, that sounds like a great plan! Yum!

Leadgolem said:
Huh, interesting. Kings county is one of the few that doesn't have location data issues.

Osage county near Tulsa has issues sometimes. Northern Apache County in New Mexico is a freaking nightmare.

What issues do you find with places?

This picture may be more disturbing to some than the meat baby, but here goes. I got the picture when I thought I had shot a wild predator and was proud of my instant kill. It did not seem friendly at all. I am very sorry if it was someone's pet, it didn't look like a pet to me. It looked scary and mean.

BobbiLynn said:
This picture may be more disturbing to some than the meat baby, but here goes. I got the picture when I thought I had shot a wild predator and was proud of my instant kill. It did not seem friendly at all. I am very sorry if it was someone's pet, it didn't look like a pet to me. It looked scary and mean.

Wow BL. You should probably take that picture down. Not sure how you could see well enough to shoot it through the eye (nice shot) but not well enough to tell that's twice the size of a coyote and mostly husky from the looks of it. Not condemning what you did, when we had chickens stray dogs weren't welcome here either, but that picture will really upset someone and depending on the law where you live, shooting a dog for any reason may be illegal.

Wow BL. You should probably take that picture down. Not sure how you could see well enough to shoot it through the eye (nice shot) but not well enough to tell that's twice the size of a coyote and mostly husky from the looks of it. Not condemning what you did, when we had chickens stray dogs weren't welcome here either, but that picture will really upset someone and depending on the law where you live, shooting a dog for any reason may be illegal.

Um, yeah, I keep telling myself, no posting after X number of beers, but it happens. It was tall and lean, not a fluffy dog like a husky. I looked and it is legal here if you can prove it had attacked or was attacking a domestic animal or livestock on your property. I guess paw prints and feathers leading to a dead chicken is proof enough. It was running with my hen in it's mouth when I first saw it and started chasing it, far enough ahead of me that I kept losing sight of it, then it dropped that chicken and started running after another one, so the chase continued and I was screaming at it to stop. I lost sight of it again, but then caught up when the chicken must have ducked and hid and it turned towards me, everything happened in seconds. I had only a split second to aim between the eyes and shoot. When hubby saw it, he said, see, I told you, you always pull a little to the right when you shoot. 30 ot 6 at least 100 feet away. I didn't contemplate it's size at all or even walk up to it until after I got inside and caught my breath. I had no idea where I even hit it until checking it out afterwards.

What issues do you find with places?
Osage county addresses sometimes show up with location data that puts them on the other side of the Arkansas river, which is a different broadcast area then Osage county.

North Apache County addresses don't usually come back with any data. Lots of the addresses are like, "1/2 a mile north of such and such store". Which means we can't give them any local broadcast stations until I can show which area they fall into.

My fortune had 1 and a half fortunes in it due to a manufacturing defect.

The 1/2 fortune: The happiest person <end of line> without histor <end of line>

The intact fortune: Your existence has a positive contribution to mankind.

Check check 1~z2. Nrw phonr im lost. Truing to figure oy oiy
ATest again

I only type like that when I have had a few too many. I'll have to get one of these fancy phones so I have an excuse when I send incomprehensible messages to the SWMBO ;)

Bottling all done except for the labels, all cleaned up so now I can chill.

Does anyone know what Dan is talking about???

TC, how did it go with the wife and her papers?

Good, some results. We're going to need more data to fully test the hypothesis of which number(to be determined later) of beverages is required to understand said information.

LG, I'm sure you're a great guy, but man, I can't get into your music.

I will thank you for posting what you did, it made me look up KMFDM on YouTube which led to this long forgotten and much loved jem. I used to crank this til my car speakers blew. Pretty sure I wrecked one listening to this when I was younger.

Last edited by a moderator:
LG, I'm sure you're a great guy, but man, I can't get into your music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjho-zVgDXo

I will thank you for posting what you did, it made me look up KMFDM on YouTube which led to this long forgotten and much loved jem. I used to crank this til my car speakers blew. Pretty sure I wrecked one listening to this when I was younger.
Not bad. I'm sure we can find something we'd both enjoy. How about a little...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back