What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Cleveland is the butt of a lot of jokes but I really like it there and I go there as often as I can. It's 2 hours away from me so I get a hotel visit bars/breweries get smashed and eat good food.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ah, Cleveland... The Mississippi must be something there. I was thinking the river. I am retarded.

Still on smooth criminal and taking a growler home. I love this beer.

Second pour,

IMG_5071.jpg

Unfortunately I live about an hour or so east of NEBCO or I would say you could crash with me.

For no other reason than that I didn't get any last year and I've had a hankering for it since it's starting to cool down here. Been two years since I had it.

Thanks to a ridiculous law prohibiting any beer over 12% ABV be sold here in Ohio I have never tried any of those stouts. I'm pretty sure I need to at least try the Rye version at some point.

Im at the winking lizard. It walking distance. Not too many different from what i have but enough. I got a few i want to hit before i leave. The city is beautiful right now. Haven been downtown yet but it still fairly rural where im at

Skip class one day and hit the R&R hall of fame.

Ah, Cleveland... The Mississippi must be something there. I was thinking the river. I am retarded.

Still on smooth criminal and taking a growler home. I love this beer.

The Mississippi? Lol

I saw it next to the white. I pick the white becaude i never had it. It was 12 a pop. Not too bad. You know of any good place to hit while im here?

Im just west of the mississippi. I do not get yuenglings. Im at a bar just down the street from my hotel

He said it!

I know Cleveland is the butt of a lot of jokes but I really like it there and I go there as often as I can. It's 2 hours away from me so I get a hotel visit bars/breweries get smashed and eat good food.

Come on over. Im leaving friday lol.

Thanks to a ridiculous law prohibiting any beer over 12% ABV be sold here in Ohio I have never tried any of those stouts. I'm pretty sure I need to at least try the Rye version at some point.

What i searched its 14% limit here in ohio. Luckly in Texas its not set but you have to have a certian license over 17ish

It's Abita. It has to suck. Even if it's aged in barrels from "a highly respected" (and completely fictional) distillery.

Abita's Select series is generally better than their standard fare. This batch is actually pretty decent. The original batch had some infection issues. It's a little on the thin side (Abita's Merlin setup for some reason is prone to do that), but actually nowhere near suck.

Oh, and no pic, but drinking a Sixpoint Sensi Harvest.

I've only had the basic version, but I would love to try the variants. That is a ridiculous law. How can you tell people they can buy 40-50% liquor and then turn around and say you can't buy a beer over 12% with a straight face?

I rarely throw bbq sauce on tacos even when I smoke and shred pork shoulder. I make my own Carolina sauce (cider vinegar-based) and that's typically what I use.

For today's tacos, I used a sauce I picked-up at the local butcher shop down the street from my cousin's house in LBI. I go there for all of my meats every time I am at the beach house and love that place. This sauce has a pretty big kick to it.

I also typically go Cali-style and go with double corn tortillas, fresh onion and cilantro. That's it. That's how they serve em in California every time I've been there (3x San Diego; San Fran is served slightly different).

View attachment 233478
And having my pumpkin ale.
View attachment 233479

I wasn't suggesting putting BBQ sauce on your tacos. :) I just was saying that if I smoked some pork and shredded it, I would rather drench it in BbQ than use it on tacos.

Im in yankee territory. Great lakes dortmunder. They have yuenglings. Should i get it?

Not even close to going to NEBCO ... and far better options then Yeungling while there (maybe smuggle a bottle in you luggage)

Come on over. Im leaving friday lol.

What i searched its 14% limit here in ohio. Luckly in Texas its not set but you have to have a certian license over 17ish

I wish I could go to Cleveland sadly duty calls. I always thought it was 12% I talked to a beer delivery guy who assures me that law is going away soon as the breweries and distributors here are lobbying hard for it's demise.

I've only had the basic version, but I would love to try the variants. That is a ridiculous law. How can you tell people they can buy 40-50% liquor and then turn around and say you can't buy a beer over 12% with a straight face?

Its a joke 151 rum or vodka ok but Bourbon County Stout is a no go

I wasn't suggesting putting BBQ sauce on your tacos. :) I just was saying that if I smoked some pork and shredded it, I would rather drench it in BbQ than use it on tacos.

Not even close to going to NEBCO ... and far better options then Yeungling while there (maybe smuggle a bottle in you luggage)

Oh. Im being a smuggler.. im send back hopefully some great stuff. Why am i hear? Just to sneak back some good stuff..

It's called "uncommon sense" I believe.

Pour #4 of Samurye while the hockey game wraps up. Then back to football. Was gonna brew tonight but decided it'll wait til tomorrow. Maybe do some beer chores in between the games.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414975575.293563.jpg

Although it doesn't taste infected, my smooth criminal appears to be sitting on a Brett pelacle.

New Braunfels Wicked Fuel. Dunkel + coffee. Crazy coffee flavor.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414975829.902174.jpg

Having a hard time figuring this one out. Maybe it's too much coffee for the beer. Strange almost fruity flavor coming thru the roasty coffee.

Abita's Select series is generally better than their standard fare. This batch is actually pretty decent. The original batch had some infection issues. It's a little on the thin side (Abita's Merlin setup for some reason is prone to do that), but actually nowhere near suck.

Oh, and no pic, but drinking a Sixpoint Sensi Harvest.

Better than the standard Abita could still be pretty bad. :D

Drinking your scotch ale now. My oh my. I was worried it would smokey. It's not and it's amazing!

A fine Mississippi brew!

I don't know if it's any good, just wanted to point out it's contract brewed. Or will be if that one wasn't.

What? He's only an eight and a half hour drive from NEBCO. Seems worth it to me. :p

Lounge Blackberry Lime Daiquiri. This is a wine based cocktail kit from RJ Spagnols. If I'm not mistaken the entire Lounge series has been discontinued. I've made this kit and the Lemon Lime Margarita kit and while I enjoyed them I'm not heart broken that I'll never be able make them again.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414977971.965136.jpg
My Homebrew Rye IPA. based on the sediment that kicked up when I poured this that keg is about to kick. I drink too damn much.

But since you brought it up, Mad Elf clone from last year, only a couple left,

What was your recipe? 16# pills, 3# Munich, 3.5oz choc was my grain bill. How long you secondary on cherries and what type of cherries you use? Sorry for the questions brewed this for family gifts over the holidays.

View attachment 233523
My Homebrew Rye IPA. based on the sediment that kicked up when I poured this that keg is about to kick. I drink too damn much.

That's the worst feeling. I did that on both of my kegs yesterday with nothing in back-up. :what::eek:

Cleaning kegs out and finishing the growler of Samurye.

HB vanilla spice stout. Should go to sleep but who cares?
Patrick where did you get all the Pliny?

What? He's only an eight and a half hour drive from NEBCO. Seems worth it to me. :p
Exceeding the speed limit!
What was your recipe? 16# pills, 3# Munich, 3.5oz choc was my grain bill. How long you secondary on cherries and what type of cherries you use? Sorry for the questions brewed this for family gifts over the holidays.

My notes are less then stellar but I am improving:eek:, slightly less but the same on the grain bill but only got a SG 1.093, 3 pounds of fresh cherries frozen and a pound of dried sour cherries for a month maybe two, i racked it when I had a chance.
Cherries are there for sure, not an outstanding but solid just the same, sorry couldn't be more of a help.

Hope I didn't f*** one of my mini kegs, I had a small batch parti gyle that was looking like it may be infected so I kegged it and cold crashed only thing is the probe was outside of the freezer:smack:
thew it back in reading −12F!

Drinking this,last years, makes it all better!

IMG_5074.jpg

HB vanilla spice stout. Should go to sleep but who cares?
Patrick where did you get all the Pliny?

It started out that I was trading for them six or twelve at a time. (Thank you fff and bells for not selling to California) I shared with people that have friends and family in California and the stuff just shows up as I get paid back for sharing. This one was on my porch when I got home. Don't know who it is from but I am not bitching.

Latest posts

Back