Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, esp for a 27g Blichmann conical.. ;) I am SO SO close to pulling the trigger. I need one camoflaged to look like a lamp or something so I can hide it.

I just placed an order that dang near flabbergasted me how quick it arrived.

250 lbs of malted goodness, and a whole box of hops and yeast. I even bought a few things that I didn't know what they were, but I'm sure I'll figure out how to use them.

Ed even provided directions on certain grains or certain adjuncts. (I never knew you needed to do anything with rice hulls other than throw them into the mash.) Ed ran through different selections of yeast that I could use that he didn't have. He even through in a small freebie which was cool.

Awsome Selection: Check
Super Fast Shipping: Check
Very good packaging: Check

You might be able to shave a penny or two off of Ed's prices elsewhere, but you aren't gonna beat the shipping, packaging & general condition of stuff to your door. Any e-mail I send him is answered very quickly.

I was starting my foray into stocking my own grains. I only found 1 place that stocked all the grains I wanted to start with. His hop & yeast selection ain't too shabby either, he blows my LHBS out of the water.

THANKS ED!!!!

Some of the hops are priced at $4 an ounce. I would love to sell everything at the lowest prices around, but I can not survive that way. Our grain prices are some of the very best you can find, and the hops are competitively priced. Sure varieties are more and some are less, but overall they are pretty close to market prices. I will look at what I can lower, and do everything I can to keep prices as low as possible.

Overall from what I am hearing things will be better this year, but not back to "normal". As a new homebrew store I was not in position to forward contract my hops like a lot of the major HBS. I scramble around trying to find the best prices possible, with as much variety as I can. Some of that is reflected in pricing, but I would rather have 40+ varieties in stock, than 15 varieties at low prices.

I have had lots of requests for grain, and I have realized that not having them on the site, has created the questions. Here is the deal, and I have been struggling on how to answer this question. I can offer discounts on bulk grains and then charge shipping, or I can keep the flat rate shipping and not offer discounts for larger grain purchases. As of right now I think the best option is to not offer discounts, and keep the $6.99 shipping.

Midwest - $42.95 grain + 26.43 shipping to 30062= 69.38 for 50lbs of 2-Row
AHS - $47.99 grain + 6.99 shipping = $54.98 for 40 lbs of 2-Row

Brewmasters Warehouse $1.15 * 50lbs = $57.50 + $6.99 shipping = $64.49 for 50 lbs of 2-Row.

Bulk is only available for Base Malts at this time.

Please let me know what you guys want. I am open to going either way, with full sacks of grain, but I can not go both discounted and flat rate shipped.

How do HBTer's want me to handle bulk grains?

Ed

The way Brewmaster's Warehouse is set up, all pricing is really bulk. If I order 200# or 2-row, the cost is $1.15/lb. That brings my total bill to 237.07 including the shipping. There's $.10 difference between purchasing 200# from AHS and Brewmaster's Warehouse.

Brewmaster's Warehouse's cart feature is nice because you can order any quantity of grain that your recipes call for. If you pre-plan you brews and they call for 6.5 lb of munich and 8.2 lbs of chocolate, that's the quantity of grain you can order. It isn't necessary to purchase in 1, 5 or 10 lb lots. It's a fairly nice feature considering that it's only $6.99 no matter how many lbs. of grain you purchase.

There seems to be a bug in the brew builder.

I put in 9 lbs of Munton's light dry extract and 1 lb of crystal malt 45 and your widget thingy tells me to expect an OG of 1.055. Beersmith gives me 1.080 for the same ingredients, which seems more reasonable. FG was also low, so was the ABV. Playing around with some other extracts doesn't change it much, so I don't think you just have the wrong value in the database for the LDME.

There seems to be a bug in the brew builder.

I put in 9 lbs of Munton's light dry extract and 1 lb of crystal malt 45 and your widget thingy tells me to expect an OG of 1.055. Beersmith gives me 1.080 for the same ingredients, which seems more reasonable. FG was also low, so was the ABV. Playing around with some other extracts doesn't change it much, so I don't think you just have the wrong value in the database for the LDME.

The extracts are subjected, incorrectly to the brewhouse efficiency. Up the efficiency to 100% to get a better idea of the actual OG. This weekend there will be an update so that the specialty grains with be at 75% efficiency and the extracts will properly show 100% of the value.

I have to give a thumbs up to Ed at Brewmasters Warehouse. I PM'd him through this very board this morning after placing an order. He crushes the grain by default unless you ask him not to. He responded within an hour and acknowledged my request. Later on in the day, I get a call from 770... whothe? Well it was Ed. He informed me that the Trappist High Gravity yeast I ordered was out of stock. Before I could say nevermind, he suggested a swap for the equivalent White Labs variety. Very cool.

You sir have a long time customer if you keep up this level of service.

One more suggestion or the site, add an option to not crush grains. I bet its probably in the works, but since we are suggesting improvements to a work-in-progress site :)

:mug:

WOAH, back up... ED CALLED YOU? HE OFFERED A SUBSTITUTE?

This blows me away... Ed, you should go out and straighten out B3 HA HA

Yes I call when ever there is an issue with an order, no matter how small it is. I always try to make things right with all of my customers.

One more suggestion or the site, add an option to not crush grains. I bet its probably in the works, but since we are suggesting improvements to a work-in-progress site :)

:mug:

The web guys are working on adding a special instruction box that will give you a chance to put things like DO NOT CRUSH MY GRAINS on the order. I am told this may happen by the end of the week, but I can not guarantee it.

Hey Ed, do you carry 5.2 stabilizer? Im placing an order with you and didn't see it on the web site. Thanks!

Hopefully you get the e-mail not to crush my grains, that parts a little scary.:D

I know it is scary, but until the special instructions portion is completed, that is the only way. I try to make it easier by responding to every email requesting uncrushed grains, so at least you know that I go the message.

Yup, I got the conformation e-mail. I applaud your customer service, and only hope it continues. It's going to be a lot tougher the busier you get. And you will get busier.:mug:

Just placed my first order. Website is very nice and easily navigated. The brew builder is pretty sweet as well. Very fun to play around with. I will be re-ordering in the very near future :) I hope the HBT promo is still going on!

Yup, I got the conformation e-mail. I applaud your customer service, and only hope it continues. It's going to be a lot tougher the busier you get. And you will get busier.:mug:

You are right it will get a lot tougher, especially since I am going 18+ hours a day right now. I can promise you though that I am very passionate about customer service, and as we grow and add people we will always be focused on the customers first.

Just placed my first order. Website is very nice and easily navigated. The brew builder is pretty sweet as well. Very fun to play around with. I will be re-ordering in the very near future :) I hope the HBT promo is still going on!

Thank you for the order. The HBT promo is offcially over, sorry. Another promotion will be starting soon.

Thanks,

Ed

Can't say enough about Brewmasters Warehouse.

- Best customer service anywhere.
- Great Prices.
- Quick Shipping.
- Great Advice.

Loyal customer here.

Chris

Ed,

I brew at my brother's apartment in Kennesaw, only 10 minutes away from your store. I haven't heard if the store is open yet, but if it is, we'd love to come by and check it out. We're new to all grain brewing and want to try a Vienna Lager (trying for something similar to Negra Modelo). Could you help us out with developing a recipe?

Also, I'm excited about the Haus Pale Ale. I'm definately going to buy two of those kits for our first 10 gallon all grain brew day.

Sorry I missed the gathering the other Saturday. Didn't see that thread until too late. Hopefully next time...

Just got my package today. Brewed up a batch of BierMunchers Centennial Blonde. Great service and easy website to order from. Thanks!!!

Wow, lots of really good reviews. Way to go.....

Now why couldn't you of set up shop on the west coast ;)

Latest posts

Back