Present to Myself

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Well, it's the ol' birfday, and I think, as a present to myself, I'm taking the rest of the afternoon off, and gonna brew a version of edwort's Haus Pale. Wish me luck! Cheers, all...and have a great 4th. :mug:

Mashed in @ 151f on EdWort's Haus Pale:
4914-P1010200.jpg

Got the chimney started for the smoker---making barbecue for tomorrow!

4914-P1010201.jpg

And some birch discs soaking for the smoke:

4914-P1010202.jpg

Ahh, this is gonna be a nice b-day...

Happy Bday!

I just bought myself an electric water smoker since I got a raise at work...oh man is it sweet

Happy Birthday, and save some BBQ for me!

Cheers

Well...all went very well. Got interrupted by countless birthday calls, but nonetheless...here we are. SWMBO made a rack of lamb for me, and we opened an old bottle of Clarendon Hills Grenache, and I don't have to go to work tomorrow. Hell yeah.

A few carboys...
4914-P1010206.JPG

Aerating, pitched, almost done...(sorry, Ed, I ALWAYS aerate, even with Nottingham)
4914-P1010207.JPG

The smoker's been going since 3:30...
4914-P1010208.JPG

This birch-smoked picnic roast is gonna rock faces...as will the other one right beneath it...
4914-P1010210.JPG

You guys all have a great holiday. Life, she's a-good...

Evan! said:
Aerating, pitched, almost done...(sorry, Ed, I ALWAYS aerate, even with Nottingham)

You guys all have a great holiday. Life, she's a-good...

No prob. I always aerate too, I just don't hydrate my Nottingham, I just pour it in. Looking good Dude! Enjoy! I'll be slow smoking some chicken thighs tomorrow.

Well, I don't know why I'm up so early. I should go back to sleep!

I've got about an inch of krausen this morning. I sure do love the ease of dry yeast...it'd been so long since I used it!!

Hey, Ed, I gotta give you your due, man...I've got 2 batches of apfelwein and now your haus pale going. I sure hope you know what yer doing...;)

Turfguy...if you count the bock in the lagerator...I've got 9 carboys in commission right now. I guess that could be called "beer pr0n". In fact...if you check my 2070th post...:D

Thanks again for all the happy birthdays, guys. :mug: Happy 4th...I hope you all are sleeping in. Or brewing!:tank:

Evan! said:
Hey, Ed, I gotta give you your due, man...I've got 2 batches of apfelwein and now your haus pale going. I sure hope you know what yer doing...;)

Thanks Evan. After living in Germany for 5 years and then moving to Utah for 5 years, I developed into a major beer EAC. :D I have zero tolerance for crappy beers and fortunately every beer I've made since going All Grain has turned out to be nectar of the gods. If you followed the recipe, I know you'll be happy with it and the keg will go fast.

Happy Independance Day! :mug:

EdWort said:
Thanks Evan. After living in Germany for 5 years and then moving to Utah for 5 years, I developed into a major beer EAC. :D I have zero tolerance for crappy beers and fortunately every beer I've made since going All Grain has turned out to be nectar of the gods. If you followed the recipe, I know you'll be happy with it and the keg will go fast.

Happy Independance Day! :mug:

Well...not exactly to a tee. Used what I had in inventory. 8 lbs of Gleneagles Maris Otter. 2 lbs of Victory. 6oz of 40L Crystal. Hop schedule I followed spot-on. And I went with a stepped mash because I typically get better efficiency that way. 133f for 30min, 151-152f for 45min, 158f for 15min. And had great efficiency...in the 80's. So, yeah, not the precise same recipe, but as close as I could get. Thanks again...:)

Back