check my Kegerator upgrade list

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EuBrew

Reaction score
I have a single tap kegerator that I've had running for a little over a year and it's time to expand now that I back into brewing (SWMBO and I had a baby). So the plan is to go from a single to a three tap system. I would also like to be able to have a 4th keg on gas for a set it and forget it backup.

Here's what I have.
Single 60psi regulator
Crappy chrome faucet
sankey coupler
2 1/6 kegs

Here's what I think I need.
2000 psi tank gauge
corny kegs
connectors for liquid and gas for corny
3 ss shanks (I haven't measured but I'm pretty sure 4" will do)
3 525ss faucets
Beer hose
Gas hose
nipples for shanks and other hardware
3 way manifold like pictured below.

What am I forgetting? As for the manifold, can I take the plug out of the end and add another check valve insteading of paying extra for the 4 manifold block?

Also where do you recommend to get EVERYTHING. I've seen lots of these items on lots of sites, but there always seems to be one piece missing, or the prices are retarded.

Thanks in advance!!

3main.jpg

you look set, might want to think about whether you want threaded or barbed disconnects, about adding an extra check valve to the manifold i'm not really sure but I think it would be a lot easier and cheaper to just add a tee fitting on one of the existing valves (you'll have one valve supplying two kegs)

Good call on all accounts! Tee it is and threaded since I will likely have to switch from sankey to corny when a keg blows. Any thoughts on single source?

Ive had good results with Kegconnection, price and customer service wise. Not sure if they have everything you have listed but I'm pretty sure they cant really be beat as far as overall price.

Ive had good results with Kegconnection, price and customer service wise. Not sure if they have everything you have listed but I'm pretty sure they cant really be beat as far as overall price.

Their prices are good, but their shipping prices are ridiculous.

Yeah, I think they have everything. Shipping is a little high but I think an extra 12 bucks to get it all from one source is pretty reasonable. Problem is going to be coming up with the $500 bucks I'll need to get everything including 4 corny kegs (which I'd pick up somewhere else)

Back