Bad a$$ floor.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxamuus

Reaction score
Thought this was very cool. Id actually like a floor like this.

484259_425807530785471_2074506439_n.jpg

Wow, that is very cool. Wonder how they finished it. Polyurethane would be too soft.

I'd like to see more on this. Link?

I'm also digging the tile mosaics on the walls. Looks like some people with a lot of free time. Why aren't they brewing :D

No link, it was just a post on Facebook.

This was the caption -

Copper Pennies + Clear Risen = Beautiful Floor

If you want to try this: Save this picture and go to your local Big Box Home Improvement store and ask them what type of Clear Resin would work the best and what kind of under-lament would be needed. In this picture they had a concrete floor to work with. Yes, it would be cheaper than the average floor, if you did the work yourself. The price, including the cost of the pennies would probably range from $2.50 to $3.50 a square foot.

No link, it was just a post on Facebook.

This was the caption -

Copper Pennies + Clear Risen = Beautiful Floor

If you want to try this: Save this picture and go to your local Big Box Home Improvement store and ask them what type of Clear Resin would work the best and what kind of under-lament would be needed. In this picture they had a concrete floor to work with. Yes, it would be cheaper than the average floor, if you did the work yourself. The price, including the cost of the pennies would probably range from $2.50 to $3.50 a square foot.

In florida all ground level floors are concrete slab. We don't do much wood down here because 1: we don't have basements, and 2: termites.

$3.41

Still sounds like a bargain if you don't include labor.

[edit] I'm not sure of my math here. Help! Penny diameter = 0.75".

Don't have a penny to measure! The Standard Hotel in NY has a floor like this. Interesting idea...wonder if it could be done as a backsplash in the brew garage?

Hopefully they don't get into trouble with the government. Cause what they are doing is illegal..

However, that is pretty cool..

tally350z said:
Hopefully they don't get into trouble with the government. Cause what they are doing is illegal..

However, that is pretty cool..

But I was just investing in liquid cash savings in case my bank's computer system went on the fritz! And storing 20,000 pennies takes a lot of room, so...

Had to cost ALOT. I want to do a poker table or bar top with bottle caps then cover with the bar/clear coat. It would cost me IIRC like 80$ just for the clear coat for like 16sqft

Back