Jubel Bier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
Anyone heard of this? Any details on what it is? Almost sounds like a schwartzbier based ont he description I found. Found an old bottle at the German Flea Market that was for Franz Joseph Jubel Beir. Looked in google and found this:

Jubel Bier: The beer known as Jubel is a special recipe that was the favorite of Gertrud Sailer Borges' great grandfather Franz Joseph Sailer (after whom the brewery in Marktoberdorf is named.) This was to be his Octoberfest beer, but since the brewery is not in Munich, Franz Joseph could not legally name it an Octoberfest beer. He therefore, name the beer Jubel which in German translates to party or good time. A robust beer with a clean taste associated with a longer fermentation period. It is offered year round in a unique swing top bottle with handle. Jubel is a slightly sweet beer with an earthy taste. Although it is dark in color, it is not strong or heavy in taste. A very good accompaniment to foods lighter in fare such as chicken, fish, or appetizers like pita breads, mild cheeses. This beer is very refreshing and can be enjoyed by itself.

Never heard of it myself. EdWort or some others around here might have. Does sound kind of like a Schwarzbier. Interesting.

Never heard of this beer either. But my mom was digging through her old boxes of stuff and found a bottle of it that she got as a gift 20 years ago. A friend of hers went to Germany and brought back a bottle.

The funny thing is, my parents never opened it! 20 year old beer... I know all of the master brewers on HBT preach patience, but this is a bit extreme. I am thinking about trying to find a fresh bottle and doing a little taste test comparison.

Aside from the fact that it might be completely flat, does anyone know what I might expect from 20 year old beer? I don't think there is anything that can really hurt me... Also, I know that the bottle was truely never opened because it still has the seal over the metal wires of the swing top cap.

When I crack it open I will be sure to let everyone know what I find....

Latest posts

Back